Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like blues :D
More difficult to get a good pic.
Yes, if it's not something I played a part in harvesting (or found on a shelf in a store still wrapped with a good date on it) I tend to let the garbage can eat it.
The only way to go about it.

Night all. Sleep is calling.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our puppy moves like a cat..... attacks like a cat, paws like a cat... hopefully that's the extent of it.
Screenshot_20221115-203253_Gallery.jpg
Tou will have to let me know what your non fishy pets like. The part time pet store job comes with some pretty sweet discounts!

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tou will have to let me know what your non fishy pets like. The part time pet store job comes with some pretty sweet discounts!
It's just dogs. I used to have ferrets, bearded dragons and birds. But, that's a lot of work. Dog's are so easy to handle.

Well, not all of them....

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHAHAHHAHAHAA

At what risk?

Hello, pet retail for 15 years (in 3 days) - having worked other retail prior to pet retail.... it's not worth it. Trust me. The bulk of the customers in pet retail are absolutely insane, all common rules seem to go out the window if it's pet related.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
HAHAHAHHAHAHAA

At what risk?

Hello, pet retail for 15 years (in 3 days) - having worked other retail prior to pet retail.... it's not worth it. Trust me. The bulk of the customers in pet retail are absolutely insane, all common rules seem to go out the window if it's pet related.
Know what you mean...
Who has two thumbs and is a total nut @ the petstore...

lol... I try to haggle. 'hmm that fish looks a little sick...'

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Know what you mean...

that is the least of it

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Know what you mean...

Hey, I got a frag with Gorilla Nips and Radioactive Dragon Eyes (5 polyps total) for $2. "Hey, you guys don't sell Stomatella snails, right? If I buy a fish can I have that guy free since he's a hitchhiker? Also, that little chunk of Zoas that fell off a rock, how much for it since it's not really a 'zoa rock'? Ok, I'll take it, the stomatella and a Blue Leg hermit crab, thanks!" $3.50 later I have a $20 zoa frag, a stomatella snail, and a Blue leg hermit."

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HAHAHAHHAHAHAA

At what risk?

After 20 yrs at a desk job I am actually really enjoying the pet store gig. I am the farthest thing from a people person you could find, at least in public. But for some odd reason this is actually making me happier then the desk job. I am sure the new will wear off eventually, but for now it's extra $$ to help with expenses. The discounts are a bonus. And I found out today I can order saltwater fish in as well. Happy monkey.
Edit the store also isn't a big box one. Aka petsmart petco etc. More of a small regional chain.

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 20 yrs at a desk job I am actually really enjoying the pet store gig. I am the farthest thing from a people person you could find, at least in public. But for some odd reason this is actually making me happier then the desk job. I am sure the new will wear off eventually, but for now it's extra $$ to help with expenses. The discounts are a bonus. And I found out today I can order saltwater fish in as well. Happy monkey.
Edit the store also isn't a big box one. Aka petsmart petco etc. More of a small regional chain.
Yeah I'm a store manager for a big box.

If I don't get screamed at, at least 3x a week for something wildly out of my control then something is wrong.

Last week I had 2 different customers threaten to sue me:
1, we wouldn't sell her Rx stuff without an Rx (which obviously meant we wanted her dog to die)
2, the vet deemed her dogs marks around it's neck were due to the prong collar she had on it, not the shave down my employee did 4 days prior. She got it into her head a bather who moved to Virginia in October shaved her dog down last Saturday and insisted I admit it...

Usually it's manufacturer shortages that are 100% my responsibility. One time a customer told me to drive to the manufacturing plant, they'd wait.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If I don't get screamed at, at least 3x a week for something wildly out of my control then something is wrong.

1, we wouldn't sell her Rx stuff without an Rx (which obviously meant we wanted her dog to die)
2, the vet deemed her dogs marks around it's neck were due to the prong collar she had on it, not the shave down my employee did 4 days prior. She got it into her head a bather who moved to Virginia in October shaved her dog down last Saturday and insisted I admit it...

Usually it's manufacturer shortages that are 100% my responsibility. One time a customer told me to drive to the manufacturing plant, they'd wait.
They grow them real crazy in your neck of the woods. I haven't had anything like that.....yet.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

I'm a supervisor for a municipal water company... If the customer has a leak it must be something wrong with my meter...

danieyella

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They grow them real crazy in your neck of the woods. I haven't had anything like that.....yet.
They truly do. This specific plaza has some really crazy clientele to begin with.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back