OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Whats your opinion on your foxface as im thinking to get one to add next as the last fish.like what algaes it eats.peaceful fish i read?
Shy and scared of own shadow? Etc

Tia
I love my foxface. Such a coward. So very gentle. I would be shocked to ever hear of a foxface acting like a purple tang. He doesn't graze on the rock much. But, he's super fat. All his food comes from 4x feeding. Lazy fish.

Also, I don't know if it's a fox thing, he loves a swimming buddy. After the pbt was removed. He tries to swim with my wrasse. Wrasse will always nip him when he does.

When I put food in the tank sometimes he'll poke my hand with his nose. The nose is soft!

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And to think they got venomous spines so could be a complete menace if wanted to but i heard alot like you say about big softie which is good i guess ( better than menace ^_^ )
My main algae eating fish was going to be a yellow tang but as so hard to get these days i decided foxface as sure watched a brs video i think saying they nearly as good as yt but guess if we all feed our tanks very well then they dont have to work as hard getting their own food ha ha
My ugly stage hasnt been that bad so far though tbh.slight discolouration of sandbed and greenish tinge on mortar where connected rocks together,not that im complaining as see some tanks full of 2- 3 inch green hair algae or red slime algae etc but gradually adding more cuc as and when needed and try get my fish to have jobs so maybe thats helping.
Ok thanks will stick to plan off getting 1 spot foxface as nice looking fish ^_^

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ty, my army of collonista snails probably keeps my gha under control. They are no bigger than a small pea.
collonista snail.jpg

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my foxface. Such a coward. So very gentle. I would be shocked to ever hear of a foxface acting like a purple tang. He doesn't graze on the rock much. But, he's super fat. All his food comes from 4x feeding. Lazy fish.

Also, I don't know if it's a fox thing, he loves a swimming buddy. After the pbt was removed. He tries to swim with my wrasse. Wrasse will always nip him when he does.

When I put food in the tank sometimes he'll poke my hand with his nose. The nose is soft!
My LFS had some beautiful Foxfaces the other day!! I really enjoyed watching them. :D
A6D5AAC3-EC66-4A05-9FB7-7EC6E722378D.jpeg

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, I love my tank. It takes time for sure to get things to look really alive.

Going through old photos of my last reef. Years and years of growth. The time it takes to keep things going and stable. It's all worth it.
Edit: These pictures back in 2012 -2014, before a serious heater malfunction. I've been away from aquariums for 2 years. A lot of work ahead of me now.

old 003.jpg old002.jpg
Was a well done tank! Nice colonies.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
P.O.T.O live sale scores! I am very excited on the hammer. The torch, I expect will be DOA the zoas.. Mah, they are zoas.
Now that teal candy cane was very interesting. A close look and you see orange markings. I have never seen that in the green versions before. But. I haven't seen all candy canes either.

Attachments

• 8-24-R-204.jpg
    8-24-R-204.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 8-24-M2-150.jpg
    8-24-M2-150.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 55
  • R2_0510_0010_IMG_0663_400x.jpg
    R2_0510_0010_IMG_0663_400x.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0510_0014_IMG_0583_720x.jpg
    IMG_0510_0014_IMG_0583_720x.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 46

Jubei2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P.O.T.O live sale scores! I am very excited on the hammer. The torch, I expect will be DOA the zoas.. Mah, they are zoas.
Now that teal candy cane was very interesting. A close look and you see orange markings. I have never seen that in the green versions before. But. I haven't seen all candy canes either.
Congrats! I looked at acouple of things and almost impulse bought. Need to get the invert quarantine up and running first. Or I need to find some good no fish coral systems sellers.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congrats! I looked at acouple of things and almost impulse bought. Need to get the invert quarantine up and running first. Or I need to find some good no fish coral systems sellers.
You already have a huge tank setup and running. I sure can't offer any advice here. Just get a pretty system that will make the quarentene look pretty. Very possible with corals and inverts!

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice scores! Don’t worry as long as FedEx doesn’t delay your box that torch will arrive in tip top shape! POTO torches are some of the best.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back