OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I should have taken pics, i act first. Pics can happen later. I moved my hammers around and tempted fate. I had placed my pink hammer 3 heads near my yellow/gold tip. Goldy killed 1 head and injured another.
I removed the dying head. Goldy is either getting a new home or will have his own rock forever.

20211217_153306~2.jpg
20211217_153310~2.jpg

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mother in law was over yesterday for my son's birthday. She has poor eye sight and in her 70s. Somehow she saw this guy very vividly.

She fell in love with it too. If she had a reef tank, I would have just handed him over to her. I would set her one up, but I would be over every hour answering a thousand questions. I don't know if there is away to set something up to where she doesn't need to worry. But, I doubt that's possible. They never kept an aquarium active fpr more than a few months.
octo.jpg
She also asked me if these guys were fake.
Golden Nebulas.jpg
the conversation ended with "you must really work hard keeping these alive?"
My answer. Nope, I just try to keep the glass clean. I didn't talk about mr. urchin.

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well new years is around the corner. Maybe buy the young one some party poppers and the husband can have his drinks. I'll sit back with King Koopa and the vacuum.
He was a christmas gift from the husband. My son and hound both hate him.
koopa.jpg

Also trying to figure out how to frag my blassto. Theres a lot of fluffy polyps that can't be seen.
blasto.jpg

Gold cloves under the acro are growing well. I want to mount the acro on the rock though. I don't know if I can remove the cloves without killing them. I may need to try.
acropora.jpg
This guy used to be under the size of a dime when I got him. Also, scopa nips at the shrooms skirt once in awhile. The aiptasia look alikes are growing and the cbb gave up trying to eat them. Not sure how they survived having their guts removed when I first put them in the tank.
bounce.jpg
bta is growing many more tentacles.

now

bta00.jpg

sept21 Much growth since then.

bta-sep-21.jpg

Pavona is gaining some waves.
pavona.jpg
This guy is beginning to droop at the edge.
lobo.jpg

There are a few varieties of frogspawn out there.
Yaeyamaensis Is now my favorite coral out of the hammer/frogspawn families.
Yaeyamaensis00.jpg

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 85 67.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.0%
Back