1   0   0
Hand feeding cbb
20220527_110832.jpg

SteveMac84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get a bit obsessive. The bubbly yumas are migrating downward on the rock. Making one very upset. Tried for some pics, but blue lights are not easy to fight.
CBB is getting comfortable with the phone camera again. The monti colors are starting to improve, it's a very nice rich in color piece. There is a bit of purple and blue skin forming under the polyps. New polyps are orange. I can never get in a close enough zoom to get a detailed picture. Also, more spikes are forming. The pectinia is just so bright, very lovely piece.
The new acro I have, I wonder if it will end up a different color than my last one?
20220526_190613.jpg
20220526_190008.jpg
20220526_190015.jpg
20220526_190613.jpg
20220526_191042.jpg
I had to modify this to see what's going on in the pic. There are a lot more baby yumas than I though. The yuma with mouth open has me a bit worried. Hopefully he can retreat quick enough to become comfortable again. Probably was shaded from the larger ones before they made a run for it. Yumas do not adapt to change of light easy. They need time to adjust, and this one wasn't given a choice.
20220526_190333.jpg
Amazing

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Went to Lowe's to get pvc pipe for my eel project. 1 employee asks "need help?" I replied "this is for an eel." Raised eyebrows and guy says "out of my league, no idea."

Older employee walks up. "You guys need any help?" Husband tells the guy "need some elbows for a 90 degree turn." I grabbed several pieces and showed the guy what I wanted to connect. More raised eye brows and he ask "what are you 2 building?" I said "an eel tunnel". I had to explain it was for saltwater and the guy went from looking like a 60 year old to a 10 year old. His eyes lit up and he said "that's so AWESOME. I love working in the plumbing isle. So many people come here with projects." He did find all the joints I needed.

Long story I know. But it was fun seeing someone enjoy their job and help. Because my son was grabbing everything.

I'll get pucks here soon. Need to measure and what not.

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to Lowe's to get pvc pipe for my eel project. 1 employee asks "need help?" I replied "this is for an eel." Raised eyebrows and guy says "out of my league, no idea."

Older employee walks up. "You guys need any help?" Husband tells the guy "need some elbows for a 90 degree turn." I grabbed several pieces and showed the guy what I wanted to connect. More raised eye brows and he ask "what are you 2 building?" I said "an eel tunnel". I had to explain it was for saltwater and the guy went from looking like a 60 year old to a 10 year old. His eyes lit up and he said "that's so AWESOME. I love working in the plumbing isle. So many people come here with projects." He did find all the joints I needed.

Long story I know. But it was fun seeing someone enjoy their job and help. Because my son was grabbing everything.

I love when people actually enjoy helping … many times I’ve gotten people who hate human interaction haha

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

lowes and hd plumbing guys loved me when i was doing the aquascape.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
lowes and hd plumbing guys loved me when i was doing the aquascape.
When my son was like 4 years old was tapping the Home Depot guy in the plumbing section to get his attention while we were talking to him. As soon as he turned and said "Yes?" to my son, my son hugged him and said "I love you." The poor guy's face was priceless! He patted my son on the head and said "I don't even know you..."

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back