And good morning!

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning mibu.and glad most you feeling better ^_^

Remember you saying last month about puppy training putting you off getting a puppy or something like that and I get reminder of that going In My head with this puppy with blocking everything off and she just wants to chew everything,puppy training pads she rather rip up than wee/ poo on even if did business already, loves shoes/ slippers and anything really ^_^
Just got try keep busy and tired her out and hates being on a lead lol but we getting there .

Hopefully everything going good with your tank and all other pets you have

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning mibu.and glad most you feeling better ^_^

Remember you saying last month about puppy training putting you off getting a puppy or something like that and I get reminder of that going In My head with this puppy with blocking everything off and she just wants to chew everything,puppy training pads she rather rip up than wee/ poo on even if did business already, loves shoes/ slippers and anything really ^_^
Just got try keep busy and tired her out and hates being on a lead lol but we getting there .

Hopefully everything going good with your tank and all other pets you have
Oh, tank is alright. BTA hates light and ran to the shade. Not sure what is up with him at the moment.

I'll have to snag some pics later. I just hate totting things around the house. My dog "Sunny", the moment I move she is at my heels trying to trip me. One day, she is going to push me down the stairs. I hope not anyhow.

Yup, pups are a ton of work. And it never ends.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, tank is alright. BTA hates light and ran to the shade. Not sure what is up with him at the moment.

I'll have to snag some pics later. I just hate totting things around the house. My dog "Sunny", the moment I move she is at my heels trying to trip me. One day, she is going to push me down the stairs. I hope not anyhow.

Ha ha yeah dogs and kids always seem to be behind you when turn around ha ha ,hopefully sunny doesn't cause you or any of rest of family any harm or to sunny as they are part of family ^_^

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

At least a dog trips you on accident since they just love being with you. Cats on the other hand might be trying to trip you down the stairs intentionally...

Pups are a ton of work, especially when multiplied by 12! :p
I still enjoy every minute of it right now, even including the cleaning, but I will be glad to be sending most to new homes in a couple weeks or so. If I had to deal with obedience-training each individual puppy, it would be way too much! I'm glad that they have litter mates right now to help with exercise and burning off energy while keeping each other in line. They really like to chew/retrieve, but right now they only have access to intended chew toys (except for the occasional table or chair leg when they are socializing in the house...).

P.S. I still have one or two available that will look similar to Bailey... just sayin' ;)

Ha ha yeah dogs and kids always seem to be behind you when turn around ha ha ,hopefully sunny doesn't cause you or any of rest of family any harm or to sunny as they are part of family ^_^
Try it with 12 puppies at 7 weeks old... it's impossible to enter the kennel without stepping on a paw or two or bumping some noses with my boot... They also like to chase the shovel while I am scraping/cleaning the carpet, which makes it challenging to not bop a nose or two again. Hopefully it is still a type of socialization that can benefit them since it is accidental on my part.

They are still tons of fun, especially watching them frolic about outside trying to retrieve sticks, leaves, anything they can get ahold of!

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try it with 12 puppies at 7 weeks old... it's impossible to enter the kennel without stepping on a paw or two or bumping some noses with my boot... They also like to chase the shovel while I am scraping/cleaning the carpet, which makes it challenging to not bop a nose or two again. Hopefully it is still a type of socialization that can benefit them since it is accidental on my part.

They are still tons of fun, especially watching them frolic about outside trying to retrieve sticks, leaves, anything they can get ahold of!
Wow 12 is alot ,the guy we bought ours off last month said for first week or so while puppy's eyes are closed or something like that he sleeps on sofa bed in kitchen every dogs are kept and sets alarm for every 3 hours and literally puts the puppy's onto the ******* teeth,he only had 6 in litter of pur puppy so 12 is 2 sit-ins as can only fit 8 at once and guess would be best to give 2 teets a rest now and then I would guess ,hats off to you that's some dedication right there with 12 lol.what kind dog are they out if curiousity ^_^

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow 12 is alot ,the guy we bought ours off last month said for first week or so while puppy's eyes are closed or something like that he sleeps on sofa bed in kitchen every dogs are kept and sets alarm for every 3 hours and literally puts the puppy's onto the ******* teeth,he only had 6 in litter of pur puppy so 12 is 2 sit-ins as can only fit 8 at once and guess would be best to give 2 teets a rest now and then I would guess ,hats off to you that's some dedication right there with 12 lol.what kind dog are they out if curiousity ^_^
Mine are Golden Retrievers. They typically have larger litters (8+), but I was not expecting 12 (technically 14 with 2 stillborn, leaving 12 healthy puppies). For the first 3 weeks, I did give a special feeding for the smallest puppies by pulling away the largest 6-7 puppies and playing with them while the mother nursed the smaller puppies. The mother only has 8 teats as you mentioned, so that is typically the best number for a litter without requiring extra work. In my case, even with 12, all puppies did well on their own including the runt at half the size of the largest puppy, so special feedings were just extra security to help ensure health for all puppies.

Thankfully, Golden Retrievers are known for being good mothers and handling larger litters well. The workload has been quite manageable for me so far and the puppies are healthy with good personalities and seem to be socializing well.

Litter at 2 weeks old:
IMG_20220111_085448_C.jpg

Litter at 4 weeks old:
4Weeks_!Litter_IMGP2890.JPG

Litter at 6 weeks old:

P.S. Currently, my R2R 125-125 Reef Build Thread is more of a puppy thread...

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi mibu hope all is well with yourself and family.
Was thinking of you the other week and how your cbb is doing,hopefully all still well,was meaning to post in your thread and ask but got side tracked then slipped my mind a few times now.
So finally how's your cbb ha ha

OP
OP
Goaway

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi mibu hope all is well with yourself and family.
Was thinking of you the other week and how your cbb is doing,hopefully all still well,was meaning to post in your thread and ask but got side tracked then slipped my mind a few times now.
So finally how's your cbb ha ha
I'll get the camera ready tomorrow. They only get prettier!

Big eater still. But the yellow stripe on the nose is very bright lately. So gorgeous and a very gentle fish. It stopped picking on my trachy.

We are very well. I don't know why i stopped posting. I guess it happens to us all.

Hope all is well!

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thats good to hear your all well and your fish also.
Well reason I got mine was because if ever got aiptasia,plus lovely looking fish.
Well noticed couple aiptasia on a zoa frag I bought ( like 40 polyps) and after few months still there lol.
But to be fair they really small and during day dont extend above the zoas,but rusty the cbb stays up hunting the rocks after lights out every night and zoas are closed and would of thought he could see them then,but no problem if he"s a none eating aiptasia fish ,still gorgeous fish ^_^

At moment I'm keeping close eye on him as lost 2 urchins and 2 conchs in last few months ,first urchin seen dead after holiday in December ( put it down to fish only getting fed once a day instead of my 3 times daily,and a couple days they got 0 food,so thought one the fish or hermits could got the urchin,then 2 days later next urchin dies.
Then last month I see my smaller conch busy minding his own business and a cleaner shrimp violently half killed it then between him and nassarious snails polished it off pffft
Then 2 weeks ago noticed other conch dead so thinking I'm sure I've read cbb can kill inverts/cuc but keep putting off researching it.

But maybe quite highly likely my nitrates at 40 may not be favourable for the urchin/ conchs as have read many times high nitrates not good for them.
And apart from steal food from nass snails and hermits never seen cbb bother any cuc but really gone off the cleaner shrimp, all they do is steal food and now seen kill a conch infront my eyes and could of been in bad way but didn't look like it so idk ha ha

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well thats good to hear your all well and your fish also.
Well reason I got mine was because if ever got aiptasia,plus lovely looking fish.
Well noticed couple aiptasia on a zoa frag I bought ( like 40 polyps) and after few months still there lol.
But to be fair they really small and during day dont extend above the zoas,but rusty the cbb stays up hunting the rocks after lights out every night and zoas are closed and would of thought he could see them then,but no problem if he"s a none eating aiptasia fish ,still gorgeous fish ^_^

At moment I'm keeping close eye on him as lost 2 urchins and 2 conchs in last few months ,first urchin seen dead after holiday in December ( put it down to fish only getting fed once a day instead of my 3 times daily,and a couple days they got 0 food,so thought one the fish or hermits could got the urchin,then 2 days later next urchin dies.
Then last month I see my smaller conch busy minding his own business and a cleaner shrimp violently half killed it then between him and nassarious snails polished it off pffft
Then 2 weeks ago noticed other conch dead so thinking I'm sure I've read cbb can kill inverts/cuc but keep putting off researching it.

But maybe quite highly likely my nitrates at 40 may not be favourable for the urchin/ conchs as have read many times high nitrates not good for them.
And apart from steal food from nass snails and hermits never seen cbb bother any cuc but really gone off the cleaner shrimp, all they do is steal food and now seen kill a conch infront my eyes and could of been in bad way but didn't look like it so idk ha ha
Thats not true. My nitrates are sky high and stable. Shrimp urchins stars are all thriving in my tank.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres glory in there!

Once i get the camera charged. Pics there will be. The bta moved to a rather interesting spot.

More on that later in the week.
This condy Still thinks its a rock dweller. Highest LAMP and flow in the tank. Nems be weird homie.
PXL_20220401_043246740.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back