IT'S OFFICIAL,THE INMATES ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM NOW, JON DOE HAS THE UPPER HAND!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in construction, simple building, and home remodeling for over 20 years. Working with my Dad. This addition project was our "swan song" if you will, as I officially retired from construction after this was finished.

Been officially doing BC full time for almost 3 years now, but it was pretty much still full time when I was juggling between the two. those last couple years were absolutely crazy, although I still don't know how i managed to find all that time to do write-ups and fun sales threads and take pics back then lol. Regrettably, the few things that have really been pushed to the backburner to most in the last couple of years.

Turns out I was not making this up. Was in his build thread. Definetely worth the read if you havent.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are anything like me it will make you really jealous.
Yea probably. I can't even talk the wife into a second tank. When we first got married almost 20 years ago I had 3 tanks in a small 2 bedroom apartment, now we have a house thats probably 3 times the size and I can only have one tank. I think the difference is we now have two teenagers taking up space where my tanks should go. Maybe in 5 years I'll kick them out and then get a dedicated fish tank room.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea probably. I can't even talk the wife into a second tank. When we first got married almost 20 years ago I had 3 tanks in a small 2 bedroom apartment, now we have a house thats probably 3 times the size and I can only have one tank. I think the difference is we now have two teenagers taking up space where my tanks should go. Maybe in 5 years I'll kick them out and then get a dedicated fish tank room.

Haha thats a good plan. My daughter left the house a couple years ago and now I got my own fish room. I love it.

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's never been a code AFAIK. It's just an automatic discount on the website.
Ty.
Season 3 Drinking GIF by Bachelor in Paradise
I am just excited for the sale!

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant wait to see how much it is so I can start planning what box I'm going to get. I'm so indecisive I'll spend as long as possible dwelling on it. My last box I placed the order and then asked him to change the number of corals.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to go with a smaller number of corals because I don't have the space, but it seems like every box I kill one or two, so I'd like for there to be a chance that it's a cheap one.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminds me i still need to do a review of my last couple orders. I have ordered several times and never an issue until two orders ago i had 8 that rtn'ed within the first day. Adam was great. None of the BS about a picture in the bag within 2 hours or any of that crap he just sent me replacements for all of them on my next order.

The customer service is always great, but was nice to see it was still great and no games when i had an issue.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha thats a good plan. My daughter left the house a couple years ago and now I got my own fish room. I love it.
Both of my kids are 13 so I still have a while. Realistically in the 5+ years before they move out I'll probably have a tank crash for some reason and quit.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminds me i still need to do a review of my last couple orders. I have ordered several times and never an issue until two orders ago i had 8 that rtn'ed within the first day. Adam was great. None of the BS about a picture in the bag within 2 hours or any of that crap he just sent me replacements for all of them on my next order.

The customer service is always great, but was nice to see it was still great and no games when i had an issue.
Wait yours RTN within a day and he replaced them? Crap I had that happen on my first order and I just assumed it was on me because they made it to me alive. Although to be fair it may have been a couple of days I can't remember for a fact. It's also nice to hear that it isn't just me that it happens to.

I've ordered 2 boxes with a total of 17 corals and 3 have died. The first box was 2 and the last box was just one. So here's to thinking th next box will be none.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait yours RTN within a day and he replaced them? Crap I had that happen on my first order and I just assumed it was on me because they made it to me alive. Although to be fair it may have been a couple of days I can't remember for a fact. It's also nice to hear that it isn't just me that it happens to.

I've ordered 2 boxes with a total of 17 corals and 3 have died. The first box was 2 and the last box was just one. So here's to thinking th next box will be none.

Well it was the day they arrived and I did let him know pretty quickly. 4 had started when I unpacked and 4 more within a few hours. I would not have even said anything if was just 1 or even 2 (it was I think 22 frags total that I ordered if i remember correctly). Was wierd though cause everything was packed perfect. Temp seemed ok. They showed up on time. I think maybe the Fedex guys put it under their dashboard heater or something for awhile :) Like I said usually I have no issues at all so it was nice to see how well it was handled.

Thankfully all the others were fine within a few days and all the frags on the next order(and replacements) doing great also.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminds me i still need to do a review of my last couple orders.
Review where? Are you talking about just on a forum or is there somewhere else where you can leave a review?
I only ask because if there is somewhere that I can leave a positive review for battlecorals, I'd love to do it. He really does run a phenomenal company.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it was the day they arrived and I did let him know pretty quickly. 4 had started when I unpacked and 4 more within a few hours. I would not have even said anything if was just 1 or even 2 (it was I think 22 frags total that I ordered if i remember correctly). Was wierd though cause everything was packed perfect. Temp seemed ok. They showed up on time. I think maybe the Fedex guys put it under their dashboard heater or something for awhile :) Like I said usually I have no issues at all so it was nice to see how well it was handled.

Thankfully all the others were fine within a few days and all the frags on the next order(and replacements) doing great also.
Ah ok. Mine was just the two and they were a day or maybe two later. Plus they were cheaper ones so I wasn't overly worried about it anyway.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Review where? Are you talking about just on a forum or is there somewhere else where you can leave a review?
I only ask because if there is somewhere that I can leave a positive review for battlecorals, I'd love to do it. He really does run a phenomenal company.

I try to leave reviews on the "vendor feedback" forum. I dont know how many people actually look there, but I know I do so like to post a review.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back