IT'S OFFICIAL,THE INMATES ARE RUNNING THE ASYLUM NOW, JON DOE HAS THE UPPER HAND!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not-Sure-If-I-Like-Being-Alone-Because-I-Am-Used-To-Not-Having-Many-Close-Friends-Funny-Alone-...jpg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I finally got an Apex. A month later I sold it at a loss. Maybe I am too old and set in my ways I just really wanted to go back to all my old ways.
I dwelled on it for over a year and when I got it I fell in love with the thing. I don't even use it to nearly its full potential either. Honestly I think it's more the dos and trident that I love.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've also just started playing with setting up float switches and buttons to control aspects of the tanks and it seems like there are endless possibilities.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I've been using it for several months I panic a little when I can't get to my dashboard for whatever reason. If I can't see my tank in Apex I assume my tank must be on fire with everything dying. Okay maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but I was serious about the worrying about the tank part.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've just downloaded a bunch of Home Alone memes and I'm going to see if I can get them in chronolical order. So that should be fun in the morning during work.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I've been using it for several months I panic a little when I can't get to my dashboard for whatever reason. If I can't see my tank in Apex I assume my tank must be on fire with everything dying. Okay maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but I was serious about the worrying about the tank part.

Haha ya that was one of the things I did not like lol. I worry enough when my cameras lose connection and I cant see my tank when I am away. That is also one of the reasons I probably did not find the Apex as useful though. I dont want to fiddle with programming crap (I do that all day). I got my cameras and can turn any component in my system off remotely if I need to anyway. About the only thing I plan to add is a high water level alarm with notification to my phone for sump in case my ato(and failsafes) fail or as warning my return pump died.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha ya that was one of the things I did not like lol. I worry enough when my cameras lose connection and I cant see my tank when I am away. That is also one of the reasons I probably did not find the Apex as useful though. I dont want to fiddle with programming crap (I do that all day). I got my cameras and can turn any component in my system off remotely if I need to anyway. About the only thing I plan to add is a high water level alarm with notification to my phone for sump in case my ato(and failsafes) fail or as warning my return pump died.
I can see why the apex system isn't for everyone. I used smart wifi strips and diy microcontrollers for a lot of stuff before buying the apex. I don't mind the minimal programming, although I'm not ecspecially good at it. I don't do it for work either. I play slot machines all day for work so that doesn't really help with learning any usable skill that can help with day to day life.

I still need to add a few wyze cams, I've been meaning to do it for a while now.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still need to add a few wyze cams, I've been meaning to do it for a while now.

So worth it in my opinion. Get an orange filter to go over it and make sure to mount it firmly (made that mistake with one and no surprise they dont work underwater....) and they are awesome to have. In your case with Apex not as essential, but I also have one that I can remotely turn to see my PH/temp monitors/skimmers/etc. Basically able to see all the equipment and make sure nothing going crazy and no pumps failed or anything.

Best thing I found about mine though is watching my fish(and I am not really a big fan of the fish side). I was shocked at how differently they behaved when they think they are alone.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So worth it in my opinion. Get an orange filter to go over it and make sure to mount it firmly (made that mistake with one and no surprise they dont work underwater....) and they are awesome to have. In your case with Apex not as essential, but I also have one that I can remotely turn to see my PH/temp monitors/skimmers/etc. Basically able to see all the equipment and make sure nothing going crazy and no pumps failed or anything.

Best thing I found about mine though is watching my fish(and I am not really a big fan of the fish side). I was shocked at how differently they behaved when they think they are alone.
I have several around my house that I use for security cameras including one of the pan/tilt/zoom ones. I'm not sure that I would be able to tell much from under my stand since it's a complete mess under there, but I'd like to have one on the tank. I actually 3d printed a mount I can attach it to a while back but never bought the camera. I also am not the best at keeping my glass clean ecspecially on the sides so if I put the camera there it would mostly be looking at coralline algea.

I'd also like to get a camera that can be displayed on fusion, just because there is a tile for it so I feel like I should use it, but from what I understand there are very few cameras that work on it,plus it's hard to ignore how cheap wyze cams are.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also am not the best at keeping my glass clean ecspecially on the sides so if I put the camera there it would mostly be looking at coralline algea.

Ya i can see that being an issue. I use several frag tanks so mine are all just mounted above and beside the tanks. I turn off pumps remotely then can view everything well.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya i can see that being an issue. I use several frag tanks so mine are all just mounted above and beside the tanks. I turn off pumps remotely then can view everything well.
Yea above doesn't work because I keep screened lids on my tank. I guess the solution would have to be that I clean my glass on the sides a little more frequently, like once every few months. Or I may just try to setup a camera across the living room pointing at the tanks or one of the controllable cameras. I'll have to play with one and see how blurry they get when zoomed in from 20 feet or so.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 45.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 71 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 13 8.4%
Back