Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yes all with the tg7 except for the fts which was with an iPhone
Hi Rich, I was just thinking to myself while drooling over your awesome coral that you have stepped up your game with the quality of your pictures.... now I know![]()
I am here to simply remind you that we all think you stink. You know, now that you're a YouTube star and being interviewed, someone has to keep you grounded, Richard.
(Everything is looking fantastic. Sorry for the loss oi the Orange Passion. It especially hurts when there doesn't seem to be an apparent reason.)
Awesome stuff! I'm cheering for your Purple Monster to grow into a great big colony! Keep it up!
You happy to be off halide in the display tank?
Thanks George. Happy 4th!some really beautiful corals. Can't wait to see that PM grow...
could you please elaborate a little more on this and which acros had a hard time I am about to switch back to halides. I also noticed acros that grow very fast at ORA in their sunlit greenhouse grow painfully slow under LEDS compared to other acros raised under LEDs curious if anyone else noticed this.I wouldn’t say happy, I really love the look of halide. But I firmly believe once a coral has become led adapted that it loses its ability to readapt back to halide. Some of the easier acros are fine with the switch, but all of the more sensitive ones would completely freeze under halide, or begin to decline. I was tired of dealing with it.
could you please elaborate a little more on this and which acros had a hard time I am about to switch back to halides. I also noticed acros that grow very fast at ORA in their sunlit greenhouse grow painfully slow under LEDS compared to other acros raised under LEDs curious if anyone else noticed this.

Thank you very much for the info I guess this is why you want to sell the giesemann fixture I saw you listed? I also love the look of the halides the closest led i could find to halides was red seas led light when it first came out around 2019 i believe, dont know if they have changed it at all since then or not.Basically after 2 years of having led on one tank and halide on another (both plumbed together), I was able to observe many led grown frags literally not grow under halide, or take a long time to grow and usually branch out from base to start. Many times I was able to get a second frag of the same lineage to try in both tanks, or make early cuts to grow in both tanks to make an accurate comparison. Led was superior in growth and certainly added layers of colors over halide.
This can be very subjective because coral selection plays a big part here. Some of the old school faster growers don’t care where I put them. They will grow explosively no matter what. Stuff like slimers, tables, Acropora florida, Oregon tort, paletta pink tip etc. So, if you have a tank full of easier stuff, you wouldn’t know the difference and think I’m crazy for mentioning this lol.
This is frustrating to be because i absolutely love the look of halides, but it created difficulties for me with a large coral selection. A few months after switching the display to led, growth has taken off on a lot of slow growing prices like some of the tenuis, latistella, fuzzy stags, and smoothies. If I was to ever run halide again, I would treat it as supplemental, only runnning for a few hours daily for the peak, primarily relying on led for photosynthesis. I think that would give the best result. Radions and Radiums stacked would be my choice.
Just a current some current pics to keep things updated.
Thanks George. That’s a grafted pc rainbow that I got from this guy in florida “coral reefers”. Growing slow as sheeett for a pc rainbow lol.that purple and green graft is NICE... Very cool
Thank you very much for the info I guess this is why you want to sell the giesemann fixture I saw you listed? I also love the look of the halides the closest led i could find to halides was red seas led light when it first came out around 2019 i believe, dont know if they have changed it at all since then or not.
Thanks Joe. Sorry to hear about your acros. I know it’s not from your lack of husbandry. If you haven’t sent out an MS-resolution ICP, do so asap. You could have a trace metal problem and tests such as triton will show NA. It’s more common than you think, and an easy fix. Tin,zinc, vanadium, copper etc. best value tests are the reef mastery pro duo from modern reef ($30 per test), or oceamo would be my second choice. Ati-ms is good as well but it doesn’t give a Doc value which I like.All your acros are looking awesome, as usual. My tank still isn’t happy with sticks, so I’ll just live vicariously through your photos until it decides to stop being difficult...
Thanks Rich, I get a Reef Mastery pro duo from modern reef and send that out, see what comes back.Thanks Joe. Sorry to hear about your acros. I know it’s not from your lack of husbandry. If you haven’t sent out an MS-resolution ICP, do so asap. You could have a trace metal problem and tests such as triton will show NA. It’s more common than you think, and an easy fix. Tin,zinc, vanadium, copper etc. best value tests are the reef mastery pro duo from modern reef ($30 per test), or oceamo would be my second choice. Ati-ms is good as well but it doesn’t give a Doc value which I like.
Thanks Rich, I get a Reef Mastery pro duo from modern reef and send that out, see what comes back.