Jakarta live rock in the US

Jdadams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man That sucks for the rest of us. My store was suppose to order some for me Monday. Oh well

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is also the one trying to make a buck, put the live rock on top and the base/dry/whatever rock on the bottom, it will be enough to seed the dry rock.
You are absolutely correct. However, this looks better aesthetically than any dry rock I’ve seen. It’s also significantly lighter and seems really porous. I’m going to use some liferock as a base in places too.

Jdadams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sit at 12.99 per lb now, let’s see what It hits next shipment when freight goes up. I’m betting close to 30$

Jdadams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, well this was my LFS guy talking. Sometimes what they say ain’t exactly how things really are. I’d have your guy call and see if he can get some.
He’s got me down to order a few lbs Monday so I guess the phone call back can go one of 2 ways.

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it completely dry or damp?
What I got was already in my LFS’s rock tank. It was loose and I picked what pieces I wanted.
It’s got to live in a Brute trash can for the next week or two. When we uncrated my new tank today it was broken from shipping. Now I have to wait for a replacement tank.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What I got was already in my LFS’s rock tank. It was loose and I picked what pieces I wanted.
It’s got to live in a Brute trash can for the next week or two. When we uncrated my new tank today it was broken from shipping. Now I have to wait for a replacement tank.
Oh man, sorry to hear about the tank. I'm talking to my LFS tomorrow and putting a hot flame under his butt to pick up some Jakarta rock.

hoytoyed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man, sorry to hear about the tank. I'm talking to my LFS tomorrow and putting a hot flame under his butt to pick up some Jakarta rock.
22538BB7-8A18-4020-A25B-F5548153E6B1.jpeg
The outside glass is fine. This happened because the trucking company put it on another pallet and lifted it from the narrow end. When they rammed the lift against the pallet and hit the crate, it didn’t break the 15mm glass; it was too strong. But it flexed enough that it cracked the thinner glass panel that separates the overflow and ATO from the rest of the display. Got the other side too where the ATO has doubled glass. It didn’t break the 15mm side glass but created an “oyster” shatter, like a bullet would do, on the inner reinforcement glass.

Jdadams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the shapes. Is there any life growing on this stuff? The Carolina aquatics rock doesn’t look like it does but the Route 66 on the west coast looks like it does loaded with coraline and other goodies

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good looking out. I'm calling when they open
Sorry, completely forgot to answer your question regarding west coast supplier. As mentioned above, Route 66 is the place. I'm trying to get my LFS to pick some up, so I'll keep you posted. I'm in the valley, so if you find another store that has it, lmk and I'll do the same. You won't be able to buy from Route 66 directly, as they are a wholesaler, but who knows?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back