I dont think that the spirit of the POTM contest is so literal! There are plenty of great photos in here, and it’s all for the love of the hobby anyway right?Mine is absolutely a close up, if thats a DQ, pull it
Yea, lets just ignore definitions.. they mean nothing. This could be debated till we are blue in the face and is an opinion based conversation. I have done close up and macro work for more years than many of those writers. I’m just going to say that 1:1 or closer is macro. 10:1 is micro, very simple to understand and is a calcuable measurement.Thanks for the definition..
I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings, or anyone else’s for that matter. Apologies if that is the case here.
Dictionary and Wikipedia articles aside, I (and most photographers) consider macro photography and close up photography to be distinct from one another. There are plenty of articles you can check out if you’d like some more insight as to why. Check it out
How To Enter:
Entering is easy, just a few simple guidelines to follow:
- Enter ONE photo, taken by you of the subject for the month before the deadline
- If you enter a second photo, it will be deleted so choose wisely before posting your entry
- Multiple entries, off subject photos, or broken image links will be disqualified
- Entries must be submitted before the deadline
- Photo must be taken by you and in your tank
- You must have an avatar uploaded when you enter
- Prior winner (within the last 6 months) are welcome to enter, but not eligible for the prizes
- In order to qualify to win the Avast Marine Porthole you must also like the Avast Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/avast.marine/
Yes, pictures can be changed till the last day of submissions.
The POTM is that once you summit, that is it. No change or modified. I change my picture in the Nov POTM and was disqualified.
I was going by the post from AZMSGT. If I am disqualified, no big deal. It is more about seeing so many great shots anyway.
We would gladly delete the first submissions and consider the last one you post. yet if all members decide to do that is would be an awful task. this is why we ask you to be sure of your submission before posting.