Jason's 10 gallon Nano Reef

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, been on the site a while but never posted my tank. What I have is a 10 gallon nano reef tank with a 10 gallon sump/fuge in underneath. Built the sump myself as well as the overflows, plumbing and stand. Had a guy in the local reef club drill the tank for me so I dont have to worry about hanging stuff over the top of the tank. I think it gives it a much cleaner look.

pic with the sump:

OP
OP
jasonp87

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. A lot of time when in to if for sure. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that likes it.

OP
OP
jasonp87

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I know the dual overflows are overkill but the obsessive compulsive in me needed the tank symmetrical lol. The tank is about 8 months old now. I have actually been moving toward my new 25 gallon rimless cube so I haven't been putting more stuff in this one.

OP
OP
jasonp87

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of my twin spot goby I have had in the tank a few months now. He has gotten longer and fatter since this was taken. He is a little over 2" right now which puts him just under the top size for his species of about 3". I was worried when I got him that he wouldn't survive as many of this fish die within the first couple weeks but he has been doing fine other than a run in he lost with the blue damsel that is no longer in the tank. The eye spots on the goby probably saved his life since they were torn to shreds. The fins and spots grew back just fine though and he is fat and happy. He and my semi picasso perc are buds and hang out together by some xenia I have in one corner. I have wanted to get a mate for him but I don't know if it's a him or her and I don't know how I would be sure of getting one that is opposite. I also would have to wait until moving to the bigger tank to make sure that food is plentiful as he doesn't eat anything prepared.

Not sure exactly what enables my tank to sustain this guy but I do have over 10 lbs of live rock, a decent amount of sand and a fuge packed with pods. I feed phyto every few days to help keep the pods numbers up. He seems to find most everything he needs in the sand. Every once in a while I will see him chase something out of the sand and up the rocks before nabbing it and moving back down.

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 111 75.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 17 11.6%
Back