Jawbreaker mushrooms

Zippy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah it's AO. I was there 2 weeks ago and the original one was looking great in their display tank.

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To go back on topic, there is an LFS in jersey that has this shroom which a lot of us locals have gotten babies of. It is actually a pretty good story:
6988048574_7821929c32_z.jpg
this is the game over right?

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure he didn't get it from a reefer he got it in from his wholesaler but I'd say better than jawbreaker possible game over/tye dye imo

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it was named game over by someone on here. The store (yes it is Ao) received it in a shipment many years ago. The owner knew it was something special so he took it home for his wife's tank because mushrooms were growing like crazy in there. It then sat dormant and did not pop off any babies for years. They then setup a beautiful 180 display in the store and for the hell of it moved it there. All of a sudden it starts firing off babies. That picture is from the 180 under t5s.

ladyreefer1983

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've heard it refer to as gameover.
i asked because mr. dnov99 showed me that picture referring as to what the mommy look like of the shroom i got from him...:) but ive been always calling mine jawbreaker because right now mine only have reds and its just look similar to jb...

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i asked because mr. dnov99 showed me that picture referring as to what the mommy look like of the shroom i got from him...:) but ive been always calling mine jawbreaker because right now mine only have reds and its just look similar to jb...

If you got it from dnov99, that is the correct mother.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My game over spit off 5 babies within the last month and my jawbreaker spit 4 babies at the same time.

7u5usyty.jpg

dehenuse.jpg

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My game over spit off 5 babies within the last month and my jawbreaker spit 4 babies at the same time.

7u5usyty.jpg

dehenuse.jpg

That is awesome. Does your game over have any of the purples that were in the mother? Does the orange compare to the jawbreaker?

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome. Does your game over have any of the purples that were in the mother? Does the orange compare to the jawbreaker?

Thanks Richie. I have yet to get the purple or the pink of the original, although I have seen the purple come in for somebody else. As for the orange base the JB is slightly brighter but it's barely noticeable.

scubaman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of my Jawbreakers that I got from Shane Williams, and my Tie Dye that I traded one of my Jawbreaker for to bfam4t6. Bfam got his from someone who directly bought from kmaintl.

The jawbreaker was purchased from Troylee by Shane williams whim i got them g
Ftom

009.jpg

009.jpg

Last edited:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 79.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back