jawbreaker question/s

ot7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so why is it that some jawbreakers are smoother than others?
Are jawbreakers that develop red and green different than those that develop purple?
What makes a jawbreaker a jawbreaker when some that are completely green are also called jawbreakers, is it the appearance and texture not necessarily the color?
Are the 'original' jawbreakers the rough/dry looking ones, while the newer ones are the smoother and more vibrant ones?

Idk names will always be just names lol?

John3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve done some reading on it and it seems there is a lineage that was once called the tye dye shroom that develops the better coloration. Somewhere along the line they all now seem to get called jawbreakers. In short when you buy a jawbreaker the only way to know it’s possible full potential is by looking at its mother’s coloration or to know it’s lineage. The name jawbreaker alone doesn’t guarantee all the great colors from what I gather.

Havok_9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same questions when I first started collecting the higher end mushrooms. I think I remember reading that jaw breakers with purple mouths originate from the very original first jawbreaker that hit the market.

Now a days I see they'll call anything a jawbreaker to get a sell tho

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are several origins of the Jawbreaker. Most OG Jawbreakers take time to grow and really color up well. There are Eclectus as well which show color much sooner and in larger patches. These are smoother in texture. I do believe seeing the mother is a good way to determine what colors it will get. Especially if interested in purple. Mine get red and green, but regrettingly I have sold off the larger of my colony before seeing any purple.

turok

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One seller explain to me, JawBreaker, TyeDie, Electus are the 'pattern' they have.
JB's have small blotches of usually red.
Tye have pie cut colors,
Eclectus have lots of broken color throughout.

Back