Jebao SLW Reviews?

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the reply. I have the SLW-M version that is controlled by the mobile app. Here is what I did:
  • Selected pump no. 1.
  • Made it the master.
  • Selected manual program.
  • Selected crossflow instead of pulse (pic attached).
  • Selected pump no. 2.
  • Made it the salve pump.
    0A02965A-91B7-4C0E-A4EF-3DA7C415FF3A.png
Does the app work well? I have the SLW wavemakers with controllers. They work great...if you don't have multiple tanks in the same room all running the same pumps hahah the interference is crazy! Can only run one tank in master/slave mode because the rest of the slave pumps are getting signals from all the different master pumps. I wish there was a frequency selector like they have on R/C controllers

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Does the app work well? I have the SLW wavemakers with controllers. They work great...if you don't have multiple tanks in the same room all running the same pumps hahah the interference is crazy! Can only run one tank in master/slave mode because the rest of the slave pumps are getting signals from all the different master pumps. I wish there was a frequency selector like they have on R/C controllers
The app works well enough, there is no documentation on how to use the app. Once you figure it out, it works well.

I only have one tank and 2 pumps, so can’t answer the question about interference with other pumps. I can have one pump in the master mode and the second pump in a totally different program without any issues.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a second MLW today. Tried the master/slave thing. The slave takes over all the modes from the master well but not the speed. It keeps running it's own speed.

Will have to program them seperately.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a second MLW today. Tried the master/slave thing. The slave takes over all the modes from the master well but not the speed. It keeps running it's own speed.

Will have to program them seperately.
That's an intended function. The master controls the modes and when to turn the slave on, but the speed is independent

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an intended function. The master controls the modes and when to turn the slave on, but the speed is independent
What's the logic behind the master not controlling the speed of the slave?
Also, the speed slider of the slave pump is a one time setting thing. It runs that speed the whole day during all the different modes which the master determines. So where you can automatically vary the speed of the master in the different modes, you can't for the slave.
I don't see the logic behind this. I want the slave running the same speeds as the master if i want to.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, the speed slider of the slave pump is a one time setting thing. It runs that speed the whole day during all the different modes which the master determines. So where you can automatically vary the speed of the master in the different modes, you can't for the slave.
I don't see the logic behind this. I want the slave running the same speeds as the master if i want to.
Not sure what their logic is behind it! Inconveniences considered, they're still a way better deal than a NERO lol I can buy and break 3 Jebao pumps and still spend less than a single Nero 3

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up both running their own program (so no master/slave), because not able to automatically change the speed during the day of the slave pump is just odd.

After the feed button not working anymore on the controller during auto mode this is the second weird thing about this pump. Hardware wise they are fine, software wise they need work.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The logic is depending on the coral in that area, you can increase the pulse or slow it down. . Causing a more random flow.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does one get on this list? haha They have some lights I'd like to test out
Interesting. I have the mcd10000 pumps on closed loop, but have not gotten any software test messages. They run off the same app. Are you getting the invites via email?

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The logic is depending on the coral in that area, you can increase the pulse or slow it down. . Causing a more random flow.
Just run it with seperate programs if you want that.

I just looked into an Ecotech Vortech manual and the whole idea of master and slave is to create 2 identical pumps (in-sync), or the exact opposite pulse wise (180 degrees out of sync, but i can't find such a function on the Jebao either).
If you want the other pump have less flow or something then don't use the m/s option.

So i'm stil unsure what Jebao is thinking with this, because it isn't a true master/slave what they offer now.

Last edited:

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just run it with seperate programs if you want that.

I just looked into an Ecotech Vortech manual and the whole idea of master and slave is to create 2 identical pumps (in-sync), or the exact opposite pulse wise (180 degrees out of sync, but i can't find such a function on the Jebao either).
If you want the other pump have less flow or something then don't use the m/s option.

So i'm stil unsure what Jebao is thinking with this, because it isn't a true master/slave what they offer now.
Having had the slw for 2 years now, along with many other jebao poeerheads with master slave function, I dont see how you cannot figure out how to use it.
As for the different speed, picture this. 2 pumps at the same speed working in master slave, will cause a rocking wave action ,similar to a wave box does. Now if you have the same pumps in master slave, but 1 is set to slow speed, while the other is in fast. You will get 2 different actions. One a rolling wave then the next a choppy one, which will cause major turbulence. This isn't a hard concept to decipher. And both have a benefit. With these your given the ability to choose what suits YOU best.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having had the slw for 2 years now, along with many other jebao poeerheads with master slave function, I dont see how you cannot figure out how to use it.
As for the different speed, picture this. 2 pumps at the same speed working in master slave, will cause a rocking wave action ,similar to a wave box does. Now if you have the same pumps in master slave, but 1 is set to slow speed, while the other is in fast. You will get 2 different actions. One a rolling wave then the next a choppy one, which will cause major turbulence. This isn't a hard concept to decipher. And both have a benefit. With these your given the ability to choose what suits YOU best.

My concern is that the slave pump always runs the same speed 24/7 (except in random flow mode).
This is fine as an option, but there also should be the option that the slave runs 100% in sync with the master, which isn't the case.

SuthernReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have these on a 4' 75 gallon? I'm trying to figure out if 1 30 would be enough or do I need 2 20s or 2 30s? Future mixed reef. Right now I only have 1 stylo frag, but plan to add a few birds nest in the future

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have these on a 4' 75 gallon? I'm trying to figure out if 1 30 would be enough or do I need 2 20s or 2 30s? Future mixed reef. Right now I only have 1 stylo frag, but plan to add a few birds nest in the future
I would do 2 30s and adjust output to what your needs are. Then you won't be disappointed later if your coral needs more flow as the reef matures

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back