JF Homewrecker - Im a believer!

the.fish.guy

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2010
Messages
86
Reaction score
12
Location
quad cities
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to post a pic of my newest acquisition. Received this piece just this morning. Took the photos 1 hour after going in the tank. I was a little skeptic when placing the order, but knew I would always wonder if I didn't see it with my own eyes. And I have to say, JF made a believer out of me. This post is just to share my experience with this particular coral. Please no PM's

Photos taken with Nikon D5200 w/ Tamron 90mm lens. No filter used. Lighting is ATI 4B 48" with ATI blue + x2 and ATI actinic x2. No LED at all. LR used to adjust WB/Tint/Exposure. That is all.

Below is a pic of the coral, and a pic of the LR settings used. Enjoy!

T5.jpg
LRT5.jpg
 
I have it also... same colors i am seeing I have cell phone pics that are showing these colors :)
 
That's amazing. So beautiful. I had no idea that corals could be so expensive. I don't recall which thread I was reading but when I saw a frag listed for over $400 I almost choked. Ok, so I'll never have anything like that, but I can dream.

Of course, I was super curious after seeing this gorgeous tidbit and found jf's website. I think I need oxygen! I would have to sell an awful lot of pottery to justify spending $600+ on corals. LOL
 
Wow! Thats the real deal. Puts most WD pieces ive seen to shame IMO. Nice score!
 
If I bought a home wrecker my home would be wrecked. It's a perfect name for a nice coral.
 
Anybody have a picture of it with whites on? Curious if this should be added to my list of SPS to get.
 
Screenshot_2016-10-02-00-50-47-1.png
Anybody have a picture of it with whites on? Curious if this should be added to my list of SPS to get.
Looks exactly the same under leds also. They loose the pink color and it turn purple the first 2 3 months, then it starts to come back.
 
Anybody have a picture of it with whites on? Curious if this should be added to my list of SPS to get.
It's very nice under whites. The pictures I have posted have all been under whites
 
Thanks guys, looks like it'll be added to my list.

Hinovak, got a link to your pictures?
 
Beautiful piece please keep us updated on progress, I haven't seen many of the frags last long term please keep us updated on progress.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new