Jikm2187 40 breeder build

jikm2187

Chalice Baller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so like most everyone else I bought a 40 breeder at petcos dollar a gallon sale. Well I bought it to be a sump, then decided to make it a frag tank, well now it's becoming a display. I started the build about a week ago. This build will include a DIY "reef ready" and DIY stand.

I dropped the tank off at a glass place here locally and they drilled it same day to my specifications. I had it drilled center and immediately regretted it. Making my reef ready overflow would have been so much easier with one less side.

I have thrown around at least 10 different ideas for stand and still haven't landed 100% on what my design is really going to be.

I am moving really slow, but the tank will be up and running today. So yeah.. Hope you enjoy..

OP
OP
jikm2187

jikm2187

Chalice Baller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have a question as far as equipment goes. Here they are

Is one 250w icecap pendant enough for a 40b
Is one mp10 Wes good enough for a 40b

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't comment on your light, but depending on what you want in terms of livestock, one mp10 may not be sufficient. I have a tank with the same dimensions and will be ordering a second mp10 soon.

OP
OP
jikm2187

jikm2187

Chalice Baller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. It's def gonna be a mixed reef. I love sps, but I love me some Lps too.

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. It's def gonna be a mixed reef. I love sps, but I love me some Lps too.

Yeah....I agree with you on that. I'm working toward a mixed however SPS dominant system....I'm finding that one MP10 is not going to work for me. I think, with the way the tank is scaped, that 2 will be adequate and allow me to continue to keep LPS in certain locations.

OP
OP
jikm2187

jikm2187

Chalice Baller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to aqeuon 500 gph power heads now. I will be ditching one when I get my mp10 and keeping one for added flow.

Back