!!!JOE KNOWS RAINBOW ACRO!!!! FINALLY!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did I miss this? Looks great Adam! I think you would be even more pleased if you blasted it with more light. I've always told my customers that this acro seems to like an intensity of light unlike most other acros. Still one of my all time favs :)

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How did I miss this? Looks great Adam! I think you would be even more pleased if you blasted it with more light. I've always told my customers that this acro seems to like an intensity of light unlike most other acros. Still one of my all time favs :)

awesome! thanks Joe! I am hitting this thing hard with massive iwasaki Magic... And it couldn't be happier! Thanks for the tip and the post!

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The iwasakis are great. I'm glad you turned me on to them

Great indeed but they are getting harder and harder to find as not many people are using them these days. I ended up having to buying in bulk straight from Iwasaki last time i needed more:)

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to use my xmas code and get a frag of this. Been going back and forth to whether I want to spend this kind of money on 1 frag, but I decided to do so. :)

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think you would be even more pleased if you blasted it with more light. :)

Hi Joe, I have a 90g 48" X24" with a Marine Orbit (only white & blue LED's) and 2 ATI's (Blue and Purple). I was thinking of adding 2 more T5's specifically a Fiji Purple and a Super Blue (Korallen). I'm trying improve some SPS but also want to keep my Chalice's and other LPS happy. Would 4 T5's and the basic Marine orbit be too much or help?

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Joe, I have a 90g 48" X24" with a Marine Orbit (only white & blue LED's) and 2 ATI's (Blue and Purple). I was thinking of adding 2 more T5's specifically a Fiji Purple and a Super Blue (Korallen). I'm trying improve some SPS but also want to keep my Chalice's and other LPS happy. Would 4 T5's and the basic Marine orbit be too much or help?
This is @Battlecorals forum so I'll let him handle inquiries ;)

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to use my xmas code and get a frag of this. Been going back and forth to whether I want to spend this kind of money on 1 frag, but I decided to do so. :)
Good for you. Its a lesser known acro but its really nice. Even if you can't get all the colors its still a nice piece. Mine is getting pretty large now. Still not getting the crazy color adam is but good enough for me. I actually came onto this acro by chance, it was part of a two pack with another acro I REALLY wanted and turns out this is the nicer of the 2, by far!

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good for you. Its a lesser known acro but its really nice. Even if you can't get all the colors its still a nice piece. Mine is getting pretty large now. Still not getting the crazy color adam is but good enough for me. I actually came onto this acro by chance, it was part of a two pack with another acro I REALLY wanted and turns out this is the nicer of the 2, by far!
My fiancée made my job easier, she liked it, so it made it a lot easier. @rovster by chance could you post a picture of yours. Thank you

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First page my friend! Don't have anything recent. Tank has been in a slight funk for some time. Looks just OK now but its getting rather large. I'll try to get an updated colony shot soon.

G8trBait16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rovster your piece is awesome. My I ask where yours is positioned? Bc i have a 8x54w ati dimmable and trying to figure out how much light is should have. Thank you for the help.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@rovster your piece is awesome. My I ask where yours is positioned? Bc i have a 8x54w ati dimmable and trying to figure out how much light is should have. Thank you for the help.

At the top of this page Joe told Adam that he would be even more pleased if he blasted it with more light. I assume give it as much light as possible.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree mine is in moderate light and it looks like it wants a lot more.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%

Back