OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really solid build man! Looking very promising. I love how you'd made the canopy sit with the stand, slick! Are you going to run walls on the entire stand? What's your thoughts for livestock? How do you think the Kessils will fare with being close to the surface? Are you expecting a "spot" effect from them (lighting only a part of the tank), perhaps thats the plan (and combine it with scaping)?
Cheers!
Thanks! I plan on wrapping the stand with walnut, I just have to find the pieces that I like. I probably get the slight diffusion optics for the kessil's. I'm not sure how high I'm going to put the lights (I designed the canopy so it could raise or lower about 12" overall), I'll know when I start putting LR in there. I'm moving everything out of my 22g sps tank to this one, so a mating pair of clowns, ORA neon goby, Tanaka pygmy wrasse and my randall's pistol shrimp (getting a pair of Yasha's for the new tank). I'll eventually get some clams. I'll add some trimma gobies and a couple flasher wrasses later on.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
712ee559e7f087d1fdb4bd96ae2c491a.jpg

Oh, the cloudiness that is araga-live.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
John you got a rock scape planned?
Yeah, I just bought some epoxy yesterday so I can start putting together some pieces. I have some tabling rock that's been curing for some time and just picked up some Tonga rock from a friend. I want to keep an open look to the scape, but have the meandering feel of a tight lagoonal reef, if that makes any sense? It will be a challenge, especially with using the existing rock from my 22g.

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
minus9 how confident are you in your lighting choice the dual AP700 over your SPS lagoon build? I know some people are not all confident with Kessils for SPS tanks. And majority of them run Ecotech Radions over their SPS dominant tanks. Just wondering ?

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
minus9 how confident are you in your lighting choice the dual AP700 over your SPS lagoon build? I know some people are not all confident with Kessils for SPS tanks. And majority of them run Ecotech Radions over their SPS dominant tanks. Just wondering ?

I've been running Kessil's on my 22g nano for close to three years now. I added T5's to fill in places due to excessive growth in some of my colonies. I have complete confidence in Kessil's doing the job. I find a lot of people don't understand how they work and mess things up.

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been running Kessil's on my 22g nano for close to three years now. I added T5's to fill in places due to excessive growth in some of my colonies. I have complete confidence in Kessil's doing the job. I find a lot of people don't understand how they work and mess things up.

Thank you minus9 , that was perfectly said . I was considering a AP700 for my 4ft 75g for a mixed Reef start so I may go that route down the line but who knows lol

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I added all of the rock that's been curing for months and hopefully I'll start scaping this week?
495bae30b58c5fd87bd6342a0ccb142a.jpg

I also added some reborn to tame the sand storm that's been going on from the flow. We'll see if that helps?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 149 88.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back