Jumbo Pukani for a 120g?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hijinks7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to make a real minimal aquascape. I'm done with stacking 6-7 pieces of rock to make a rock pile island.

Is 1 piece of jumbo pukani good for a standard 120g that is 4x2x2 for just one side of the tank. Ideally I'd like to chisel a tunnel through it and maybe add a shelf piece attached.

Thanks

Marcus McConnell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a tank that size I think a Tonga shelf that's cut in half and glued to the opposite sides of the tank and some smaller pukani chunks around 1-3 inches scattered on the bottom would look nice. It's got enough light variables for a bunch of corals without being a pile of rock.

bigroost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can definitely be done, its not that much easier though, I have one large piece that forms the rock work for one side of my 180. It was kinda hard to get in there and it definitely doesn't allow for much reworking.

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to make a real minimal aquascape. I'm done with stacking 6-7 pieces of rock to make a rock pile island.

Is 1 piece of jumbo pukani good for a standard 120g that is 4x2x2 for just one side of the tank. Ideally I'd like to chisel a tunnel through it and maybe add a shelf piece attached.

Thanks

Rock pile island... ;Hilarious

We definitely get some interesting shapes and pieces in that would be well suited as a "main attraction" in a tank, and you have the right idea as far as chiseling to make it your own. Many of the impressive rock scapes that we see are the efforts of some careful chiseling, drilling, mounting and anchoring. :) I have two pieces advice to help you get what you're looking for.

• Be very specific about what you're looking for and the size of your tank in your order comments when ordering. We read all of these comments and take into consideration when choosing your rock.
  • If you aren't completely sure what you are looking for, give us a call! Anyone on our CS team will be able to point you in the right direction and provide tips and recommendations.

cpschult

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked for 2-3 big pieces of pukani for my IM 25 gallon. I would just make sure to be clear how big/tall the pieces you want, and the size of the tank they are going in. I was really impressed with what I received.

IMG_4014.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back