Just add water.. Couple diving in.

DaftandDirty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my wife @Mayfair and I are officially saltwater hobbiests. We love everything salt. We are avid salt kayak fisherman and own several tanks already. Two african cichlid (180 and 60 cube) We started salt tank (40 gal AIO) the way most seem to...first we wanted fish, who needs coral right?? Oh we have to have lots of live rock? Huge pile ....done. Fish bought, parameters not really really checked besides salinity/temp. Fish not so healthy, parameters checked at fish store. Parameters fought and mostly won. Did I mention we were married, yup arguments on what to get and how many, check. :cool: Live rock partially removed because we have waaaay to much. Research, research, research..... we got better. Well wife has a birthday coming. Hell let's get a 125 AIO, why not. Marine pure and small quality live rock seems to be working well for us. Oh we got softies.. leathers and Mushrooms are nice. Hey what about LPS???

So here we are on top of research and plenty of active live rock and marine pure and a new larger tank. I guess it needs water right? We are diving in. SOON. #myfireplaceismyreeftank

Oh and hello all, we love reef2reef.

ReefTankNew.jpg

Mayfair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny thing about diving our kids are getting certified as we speak. They just had the first pool session. I am happy in the kayak and just staring at my own little reef for now.

Ebbi Flow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my wife @Mayfair and I are officially saltwater hobbiests. We love everything salt. We are avid salt kayak fisherman and own several tanks already. Two african cichlid (180 and 60 cube) We started salt tank (40 gal AIO) the way most seem to...first we wanted fish, who needs coral right?? Oh we have to have lots of live rock? Huge pile ....done. Fish bought, parameters not really really checked besides salinity/temp. Fish not so healthy, parameters checked at fish store. Parameters fought and mostly won. Did I mention we were married, yup arguments on what to get and how many, check. :cool: Live rock partially removed because we have waaaay to much. Research, research, research..... we got better. Well wife has a birthday coming. Hell let's get a 125 AIO, why not. Marine pure and small quality live rock seems to be working well for us. Oh we got softies.. leathers and Mushrooms are nice. Hey what about LPS???

So here we are on top of research and plenty of active live rock and marine pure and a new larger tank. I guess it needs water right? We are diving in. SOON. #myfireplaceismyreeftank

Oh and hello all, we love reef2reef.

ReefTankNew.jpg
Hope the Moisture and Saltcreep don't eat your nice TVs Terminals, Hardware or Etc.

OP
OP
DaftandDirty

DaftandDirty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the kind words and welcoming atmosphere, I look forward to learning the finer points of making our own RODI water. I also look forward to slowly building our coral gallery and a fish here and there. Again thanks to all!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back