Just getting into reefing!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, new reefer here! I'm actually completely new to aquariums in general haha. Never owned anything bigger than a goldfish, but I just finished setting up my first saltwater aquarium about a week ago and have been testing my own patience while it cycles :p. I am currently a biology student and working towards going into marine biology, I've always loved the ocean and the few times I have been snorkeling I absolutely loved it. Unfortunately I live about a thousand miles from any ocean lol so I just have to bring the ocean to me! Here's the
tank so far!

First Reef Tank.jpg
Welcome!

Looking forward to hearing about your future successes!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, looks like you've got some live sand and CaribSea Life Rock in there. If so, that will speed things up. I am a fan of bacteria in the bottle. Don't forget to have a source of ammonia!

You'll find this forum to be full of fantastic, knowledgeable and passionate people. There is literally always someone here to help!

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to in my opinion on of the best hobbies in the world! This hobby is an opportunity to recreate a piece of the ocean in the comfort of your home! Reef2Reef is a great place to be to learn all about the hobby, and can find some valuable resources!

If you are looking for maybe something to watch on your free time and get a better for feel for reef keeping come check out my channel on YouTube! Could be some helpful tips! Hope to chat soon, cheers!

IMG_1502.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back