Just got the ok for a 250!!!

macawmagic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2008
Messages
1,093
Reaction score
3
Location
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got the ok from my parents for a 250 as long as I can pay/trade for everything. (more trade) I've got a couple questions because I want to do it right and not redo anything.

game plan. 250 tank (5'x3'x27"). 120 frag tank. 55 fuge. return will be a dart. 5 vortechs. maybe surges. geo 618 calcium reactor. 2 400 watt radiums. lots of the powerbrite led's!

1.for skimmer I'm looking at an ORCA 200 or 250 if I can afford it at the time. big enough? If I can find a deal on a bubble king then that will be the way I go pending price.

2.how big of a chiller will I need? will 1/3 be big enough? or do I need to look into going bigger?

3.I'll be fine to keep a couple (5-8) tangs in a 250 correct? thats one of the main reasons I want a big tank!!!

woo hoo I'm excited!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new