Justin's dream build - Innovative Marine Nuvo 150 INT - Pic Heavy & Video!

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, ur tank looks awesome! I just set up a 100 Int and so far its great....2 questions on the picture below, is that where you keep the water line for the overflow? Mine is much higher and if I make it lower, it makes noise....also, did you glue the elbow into the return locline or just pushed it in?
Screenshot_20201221-211342_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
jp1986

jp1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, ur tank looks awesome! I just set up a 100 Int and so far its great....2 questions on the picture below, is that where you keep the water line for the overflow? Mine is much higher and if I make it lower, it makes noise....also, did you glue the elbow into the return locline or just pushed it in?
Screenshot_20201221-211342_Chrome.jpg
Thanks! My water level is just barely above the secondary drain pipe. Water just trickles down it. I did not glue that elbow in the return Locline. Figured easier that way for maintenance if needed. Hasn't been an issue so far.

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! My water level is just barely above the secondary drain pipe. Water just trickles down it. I did not glue that elbow in the return Locline. Figured easier that way for maintenance if needed. Hasn't been an issue so far.
Thanks! Thats pretty much where my level is now....

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any tips for the doors? I find them a pain to open and close

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Press more in the middle when opening the doors instead of towards the top.
Does your return standpipe/hose also need to bend to reach the return bulkhead? I just glued the return elbow at IM's
20201222_170910.jpg
advice but I noticed on how much it needs to bend to reach the locline....i was just wonder if this would stress the bulkhead or bottom glass

OP
OP
jp1986

jp1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your return standpipe/hose also need to bend to reach the return bulkhead? I just glued the return elbow at IM's
20201222_170910.jpg
advice but I noticed on how much it needs to bend to reach the locline....i was just wonder if this would stress the bulkhead or bottom glass
Yes mine does bend. Shouldn't stress the bulkhead as it's a flexible hose.

shoelaceike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes mine does bend. Shouldn't stress the bulkhead as it's a flexible hose.
Thank you! I was thinking of changing it to silicone for extra flexibility but it may kink and grow algae. Yours looks similar to mine? I only got concerned after I glued the elbow into the locline....IM recommended I do so

OP
OP
jp1986

jp1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost the coral beauty angel. Not sure what happened. All other fish are fine. Went to feed them and couldn't find the angel. Finally found it in the grasp of my red serpent star.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost the coral beauty angel. Not sure what happened. All other fish are fine. Went to feed them and couldn't find the angel. Finally found it in the grasp of my red serpent star.
We lost our coral beauty too. Not sure why either. Gunna grab another

OP
OP
jp1986

jp1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a MP40wQD dry side go bad and was able to snag an older style dry side for a replacement. Everything I've read said it the older dryside will work with the new wet sides and drivers. Cant figure out why my driver is doing this!

Attachments

• 20210509_173238.mp4
    27.5 MB

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a MP40wQD dry side go bad and was able to snag an older style dry side for a replacement. Everything I've read said it the older dryside will work with the new wet sides and drivers. Cant figure out why my driver is doing this!
Its broke its not grabbing magnets right in both wet and dryside mine did the same thing after I accidentally dropped it never worked again sorry for the bad news....

OP
OP
jp1986

jp1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know what you find out.
They want me to send it in for a tech to look at. I don't know if there is necessarily anything wrong with either the dry side or the driver. The guy I got the older replacement dry sides from said they worked fine. I actually bought two from him and both do the same thing with the driver. It's so weird. I wonder if the dry sides are just too old maybe?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back