K7 V3 User Discussion Thread-Frequently Asked Questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the way mine work as well. The lights are supposed to ramp up from one time to the next, so at 8 your lights would be off and then by 9 they should be at whatever intensities the channels are set for. I believe, and hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, the reason you don't see the lights come on until 8:15 is because they haven't "ramped up" enough to turn the lights on. I haven't tried it but if you want the lights to turn on at 8 I think you can just change the time for that set point from 8 to 7:45.

NDIrish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the way mine work as well. The lights are supposed to ramp up from one time to the next, so at 8 your lights would be off and then by 9 they should be at whatever intensities the channels are set for. I believe, and hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, the reason you don't see the lights come on until 8:15 is because they haven't "ramped up" enough to turn the lights on. I haven't tried it but if you want the lights to turn on at 8 I think you can just change the time for that set point from 8 to 7:45.

Thanks. I thought that was what they were doing, but wasn't sure.
No, I wanted to be at 9:00, like they are set at.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Usually you'll have a set point of 0 to start, then 1% for your "moonlights" then 10% to start and ramp up to what you want for the max. 8 times, mine go 0, 1%, 15%, 80%, 100%, 80%, 1%, 0. 80% to 1% is over a half hour.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Usually you'll have a set point of 0 to start, then 1% for your "moonlights" then 10% to start and ramp up to what you want for the max. 8 times, mine go 0, 1%, 15%, 80%, 100%, 80%, 1%, 0. 80% to 1% is over a half hour.
Not saying mine is right, just giving my schedule.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know the ramping from one time set point to the next is correct, which is the reason you have to set two time points to all zeros to keep the lights off, and to keep the lights at the same intensity you have to set 2 time points to that intensity as well. I am guessing at the reason they don't turn on for 15 minutes after the second all zero set point, but I can say mine do the same thing.

This is one of the reason that everyone says the controls on the Noopsyche lights suck, but once you get the hang of it the settings aren't too bad. It's definitely not some user friendly phone app though.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the way your schedule is your lights don't stay on at a 100% though do they? Since it's only for 1 time point the lights ramp up to that intensity from 80% then once it gets to 100% it starts going right back down to 80%.

That's possibly the way you want it to work, I'm mostly just trying to verify that I do understand the way it works correctly.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light doesn't have any dedicated moonlights AFAIK, but you can set the intensity on a single blue channel to 1% and all other channels to 0% and it does a okay job of acting like a moonlight for the tank.

It's still brighter than I cared for so I bought a Neptune LSM to use for moonlighting.

NDIrish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light doesn't have any dedicated moonlights AFAIK, but you can set the intensity on a single blue channel to 1% and all other channels to 0% and it does a okay job of acting like a moonlight for the tank.

It's still brighter than I cared for so I bought a Neptune LSM to use for moonlighting.

Thanks. I don't have an Apex to able to use the LSM.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moonlights aren't something that is necessary at all I just personally like the tiny bit of light in the tank at night, but for me the Noopsyches, even with only 1 channel set to 1% is brighter than I would like to leave on all night long.
From what I've read on the older version of the Noopsyche lights the status indicator light actually did a decent job of acting as a dim moonlight, although I never had any of them so it's just something I've read.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Moonlights aren't something that is necessary at all I just personally like the tiny bit of light in the tank at night, but for me the Noopsyches, even with only 1 channel set to 1% is brighter than I would like to leave on all night long.
From what I've read on the older version of the Noopsyche lights the status indicator light actually did a decent job of acting as a dim moonlight, although I never had any of them so it's just something I've read.
You can run a second program with 1 light for moonlighting instead of all 6...

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run a second program with 1 light for moonlighting instead of all 6...
I actually was only running 2 of the 6 for moonlights but it was still brighter than I liked.
Good point though

ETA- I tried only running one light for a moonlight but the lack of symmetry drove me nuts.

Last edited:

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I actually was only running 2 of the 6 for moonlights but it was still brighter than I liked.
Good point though

ETA- I tried only running one light for a moonlight but the lack of symmetry drove me nuts.
I tried hooking my Pro II back to the controller for the V3 again yesterday. It does everything right in the program and then won't shut off. It stays at 1% all night.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried hooking my Pro II back to the controller for the V3 again yesterday. It does everything right in the program and then won't shut off. It stays at 1% all night.
I wonder if it has something to do with having a different number of channels, although if I remember correctly Noopsyche said the V2 was compatible with the newer controller. I guess it wouldn't matter if you like it staying at 1% all night.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wonder if it has something to do with having a different number of channels, although if I remember correctly Noopsyche said the V2 was compatible with the newer controller. I guess it wouldn't matter if you like it staying at 1% all night.
I don't. I run 1% an hour before and an hour after lights out.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
But with the V2 paired to the new controller the V2 light stays on at 1% all night when it shouldn't? Sorry I may have just misunderstood what you were saying.
Yes. It may be the extra setpoint. Pro II controller only has 7 times whereas the V3 has 8.

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know the ramping from one time set point to the next is correct, which is the reason you have to set two time points to all zeros to keep the lights off, and to keep the lights at the same intensity you have to set 2 time points to that intensity as well.
Yes,you are right! and the 2 “zero” must be neighboring. and 1 to 8 timeline need follow 0-23:59

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@noopsyche will the k7 v3 75w be back in stock soon?
Due to the company's planned adjustments, the 75watt product line was discontinued. And our new low-wattage products are currently being developed and will be announced in this year!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back