Kalk like mud in stirrer, Why?

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too little kalk and it does not form a cloud at the bottom/not mixing. I know how the typical sludge at the bottom of a reactor is and had never posed a problem with normal kalk.
The way a TLF reactor works in not by a constant drip and stir once in a while. Water is pumped into the reactor and down a tube near the bottom and on the bottom of the tube is a device that spins when water is pumped through it mixing the kalk. The excess water that is pumped in overflows at the top of the reactor and into the tank. Mine is set up to run every 25 minutes so it's not as though the a great deal of time has lapsed between stirs to allow the kalk to turn to paste.
I think his problem is that there is so much kalk in the reactor the stirring mechanism cannot stir... But its not clear to me from his post.

eyesolator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think his problem is that there is so much kalk in the reactor the stirring mechanism cannot stir... But its not clear to me from his post.
Sorry, I should have made my first statement more clear. "Too little kalk and it does not form a cloud at the bottom/not mixing." Even at a "too little" level where the stirring mechanism is not in contact with the kalk, regular kalk would still mix/cloud up. I tried this just to see if it would work with Pharma. If I add the correct amount that I would typically use where the stirring mechanism is in contact with the kalk, BRS Pharma is way too thick and the stirring mechanism will not rotate. Reactor design problem, maybe? However BRS Pharma is still way more thick than regular kalk.

DangerDave

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Ro line-in is the problem. It need to go down to just above the stirrer so it can flow directly into the kalk at the bottom

C9CB5DEA-1BAE-4004-AAFC-2AF039E2D94B.jpeg

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 26 16.1%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 68 42.2%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.2%
Back