Kasa Smart Wi-Fi Power Strip

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I dont believe they have this option your looking for.
The Kasa do have this option. I use the timer all the time when I feed.
74AE63A3-AF0D-44DE-97FE-53BB551A7C56.png

The Best reef aquarium LED lighting

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just a little info on how I use my Kasa App, powerstrips and smartplugs. Had them almost a year now. Power goes out all the time at my house so I made sure to test what dosing pump would do if it’s on and power goes out till after the “off” is scheduled. Power comes back on and it is “off”. Test this yourself if you get any WiFi power strip or doser including Kasa.

10 gallon nano
1. Return pump-to turn power off when I do water change and use timer when I feed my corals) Also have programmed for “On” every 3 hours, just in case I forget to set the timer;)
2. Schedule my BRS dosing pump for All for Reef.
3. Schedule my top off water which keeps up with evaporation (don’t need ATO by doing this). I used to dose Kalk and this was easily scheduled for multiple doses over night with my BRS dosing pump.
4. Powerhead. Schedule this to come on and off multiple times a day.

60 gallon. (About 10 months)
1. Refugium light schedule
2. First powerhead schedule
3. Second powerhead schedule
4. Lights under stand
5. Protein skinner schedule for only night
6. Dosing pump for All for reef
Smart Plug 1
1. My return pump and ATO plugged into this with splitter so when I turn off return, the ATO doesn’t drive me nuts with the beeping.

Quarantine
smartplug 2
1. HOB Filter and powerhead to turn off or use timer.
Smartplug 3
1. LED schedule

jnvd3b

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the app only works when off of wifi? Or maybe it is just me? On wifi the on/off toggle as well as clicking in to power usage etc doesn’t work. Turn wifi on my phone off and it works immediately.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If it’s Kasa, it should be working with wifi. I never use this, but just checked my fuge light energy consumption while on WiFi.
6E04FD66-0175-4494-B87F-A2CC30994F8B.png

Fakegolfnews

View Badges
Reaction score
Does this have all the same features? Can i run a splitter off this to run 2 devises to one of these plugs? I needs 4 outlets but dont need them to all run independently.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Does this have all the same features? Can i run a splitter off this to run 2 devises to one of these plugs? I needs 4 outlets but dont need them to all run independently.
Yes. You would just use splitter so one outlet runs 2 pumps or 2 lights.
However Black Friday is coming up and I got my 6 plug power strip for $55 then. It may be worth it to wait and have 3 extra plugs in case you want to expand.

Obsessed

View Badges
Reaction score
On the Kasa strip has anyone tested what happens when the internet goes out? Wanting to make sure it will keep the set schedule.

Beau_B

View Badges
Reaction score
I don’t have Kasa, but both my Amazon and the Gosund plugs do not change operations if the internet is out. They keep whatever setting it was on, and in my case since I’m using the Alexa app with routines, even when the internet comes back, it doesn’t “correct” the settings. Have to manually do it or wait until the next scheduled event takes place. Most of what I have running is always/default on so it hasn’t caused any issues.

Shop Online with Zoanthids.com!

DaddyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
On the Kasa strip has anyone tested what happens when the internet goes out? Wanting to make sure it will keep the set schedule.
Yes, I have done extensive testing with the Kasa Power Strips, both the 6-outlet and the 3-outlet version.

When you lose Internet, BUT NOT WiFi, you can still access the strip using the phone app, provided your phone/device is on the same WiFi network. If you are running multiple WiFi bandwidths (2.4, 5.0, 5.0 dual etc.) you must make sure your phone/device is attached to the 2.4 network.

If you lose WiFi (and therefore Internet access), you can only control the Kasa strip through the manual On/Off buttons on the strip itself.

In all cases of WiFi or Internet loss, the strip will maintain it's schedule. The schedule is stored on the strip itself.

How's your tank currently looking?

• Never better

Votes: 48 14.7%
  • Pretty good

Votes: 144 44.0%
  • Just OK

Votes: 74 22.6%
  • Not great

Votes: 33 10.1%
  • Prett Bad

Votes: 11 3.4%
  • Yuck