Kessil 350 fan replacement

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To start off this thread is not supported by kessil and I am not liable for any damage to you or your equipment. I am just posting what I did to get a kessil 350 working.

I was gifted a kessil 350 that worked but the fan would not spin. This caused it to over heat quickly and shut off. I went searching online and from what I have read kessil will not repair fans nor will they sell parts.

This will not be a how to take apart a kessil post as there are a few good you tube videos about that. Just filling the gap.

I found a 60mm fan on Digi key with the closest matching specs I could.

I then swapped it in. Be warned kessil covers all there board components with conformal coat. Like an epoxy. But if you are careful you can cut into the coating and unplug the fan. I didn't have the connector so I cut the wire and spliced in the new fan. Which was way to loud.

I then put a 1k ohm resistor Inline. This slowed the fan to a much better speed. I then heat wrapped the repair in heat shrink.

If I want the fan to run a little faster I may swap in a 680 or 820 ohm resistor instead of the 1k.

Just wanted to present on option for the diyer with some soldering skills. Hope this helps. Please let me know if I am out of line on anything.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back