Kessil H160 fan burnt out - help?

TheVinylReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 26, 2021
Messages
24
Reaction score
28
Location
London, Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fan of my Kessil H160 burnt out and Kessil isn't being helpful. They want to charge me $100 to mail it to them with no guarantee of repair - just a diagnoses before another expen$$ive corporate repair. And I'm in Canada and don't want to pay to mail it to the USA.

Has anyone replaced the fan? There are a few threads I have read but the entire instruction was never full mentioned.
I am not a repair specialist, and have some questions.

I'm certain the fan just burn out and the rest of the components are fine - it was clicking for months (that's when I contacted Kessil) before finally stopping.
It's a $25 repair if I can get some help.
 
Here’s a pic of the fan, if you can read it. Search for the model number online. The connector is covered in silicone and can’t be removed as it’s soldered to the board. It’s easiest to leave some of the original wire coming off the board to reconnect to.
Edit. They are cheap so it’s worth a shot. The circuit is all surface mount chips and the leds, and I believe the fan, are fused. If it was clicking it could have been salt creep, which could also have shorted the circuit as these lights are not completely conformal coated…..ask me how I know, ha

EB3B0632-6B1A-4D19-82B3-D914C0D754F6.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new