Kessil 360/photon v2/hydra HD

Bo N Rachel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some help! I'm starting my 180 build and its 72x24x25 with the two center braces so there's 3 spaces. I trying to decide on lights iev narrowed it down to these 3 brands I would love some opinions
On the kessil 360, photons v2, and the AI hydra hd 26/52 gonna be mixed reef. Thanks

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my 26 HD's . I like the so much that myself and another member started a thread with a friendly comparison of t5's and the Hydra 26 HD's. I have had my light up for just about 60 days what a difference in growth. My better half walks in the room a says wow that looks dead and now look at the color and the size it getting. I am still running the 26's at about 40% so that I do not burn up anything. I will probably bump the up a little bit more next month

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ran my kessils at 95% with no bleaching. I have bleached corals by putting them in tank and not turning the kessils down. I go to 60% when new corals are added. Then up 5% a week. I beleaguered people that had not had luck with leds had another issue. I had explosive growth for first 6 months on my current tank. Then it all stopped. Coral looked great but growth was horrible. Turns out it was a alk issue not led. Got that fixed and now Corp growing great again

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three Kessil 360WEs on a 72x24x21 tank with two braces. I have good color and growth on lps and sps corals, but I have to give some thought to where I am placing them. Shadowing is also an issue on some of the acros. I love the Kessils, but I am adding two of the LET T5 retrofit kits to give me less shadowing and a little more flexibility with coral placement.

OP
OP
Bo N Rachel

Bo N Rachel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really appreciate everyone's input so far! Right now I think I have it narrowed down to photons and hydras

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 160 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back