OP
OP
Tonii

Tonii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, if all the lights are reading the same, then I don't think it's a light issue. What's your photo period? I've always used a 12hr cycle with my Kessil's and a 6 to 8hr peak. Corals looks good, so I would judge everything on coral health and not numbers. There's another reefer here who uses five over a 90g (or something close to that) and he's rock'n corals without issue.

93668412-548B-4B09-A838-A2D680CA009C.png

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
3hrs isn't long enough of a peak. If you're finding that your corals aren't growing much, then I would slowly increase the peak time. I would start with adding 15 minutes on both sides each week (essentially adding 30 minutes each week) and observe your corals closely for any signs of distress. You can go slower, by adding a week of observation between each increase of time.

OP
OP
Tonii

Tonii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. I’ll slowly start increasing the peak time.

My mushrooms and toadstool are growing like crazy but nothing else grows. I had a few frogspawn that I had for over two years they appeared healthy but didn’t show any growth and they were very brittle would always break if I tried to move them. Could that have been caused by having such a short peak time?

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok thanks. I’ll slowly start increasing the peak time.

My mushrooms and toadstool are growing like crazy but nothing else grows. I had a few frogspawn that I had for over two years they appeared healthy but didn’t show any growth and they were very brittle would always break if I tried to move them. Could that have been caused by having such a short peak time?
Brittleness can be caused by several things, lack of flow, low calcium, high nutrients and lack of light. So, it could've been a combo in your case?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back