Kessil a360we program help

1bitereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to reefing, been taking it very slow and after 5 weeks my tank is now officially cycled. I have a Red Sea Reefer 250 with 2 a360we on goosenecks about 6” off the water. I am picking up my first coral, some LPS on Saturday (torch, frogspawn, and Duncan) i am looking to see if i can get some recommendations on the schedule that others run or what you guys would recommend. Thanks in advance.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to reefing, been taking it very slow and after 5 weeks my tank is now officially cycled. I have a Red Sea Reefer 250 with 2 a360we on goosenecks about 6” off the water. I am picking up my first coral, some LPS on Saturday (torch, frogspawn, and Duncan) i am looking to see if i can get some recommendations on the schedule that others run or what you guys would recommend. Thanks in advance.
Are you running the kessil via an apex or the Kessil Spectral Controller? Either way, your best bet is to start out low and work your way up. These lights are alot more powerful than they're given credit for. Start at about 30% intensity and ramp it up by 5% weekly until you find a spot that your coral like. If they start to look annoyed dial it back by 10% and wait a week, turn it back up 5% and if they like that, theres your sweet spot :)

BigJim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using a controller or will you just be turning them on and off at set times? I would recommend that you run them at 50% intensity to start and see how the corals respond. It will be plenty of light for the corals you listed. Set the color to whatever is pleasing to the eye. I would set the time at peak intensity to about 6 hours to start. If you are using a controller, you can also ramp up the color and intensity over a couple hours and then ramp back down at the end of the schedule.

Yuki Rihwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you using Kessil Spectral Controller then you can use the acclimation mode from the controller then set it run for 2 weeks, the preset will rank up 1%~2% intensity per day for 2 weeks duration (can be set for 1 week duration too). You can set your own acclimation program with the 6 points manual setup with your own choice of color and intensity.
*if you want more blue color looking then set at color 30%~40%, intensity you will have to adjust depend on your coral respond, hope this help. :)

OP
OP
1bitereefer

1bitereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help, How long should i run the lights and how long should my ramp up and down be?

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Run the lights for 8-10 hrs with a ramp up To Your set max for 4 hrs then ramp down would be my suggestion ..

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes .. i run my lights for 10 hrs .. Total 8 hrs of white with 2 hrs of blue ..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back