30x 19 tank with a few corals
*Neon birds nest
* Zoas
*Frogspawn
*Clove Polyp tree
* Green star Polyps
I also have a small bubble rose tip anemone

How high should I have it from my water without harming my stock

EAAEC2A2-E0DB-402F-8D6D-BE8C5B140275.jpeg FA2E610D-31FD-4F75-9B5D-A2EAE0CCCAE6.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6 to 8 inches. On kessils website they have a choose your kessil guide which discusses this pretty well. Bulk reef supply also has fantastic videos on the light

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to the directions for 360we, mount 1-2 feet above the object to be illuminated. Does that mean from water surface or bottom of tank?

INSTALLATION GUIDE 1. Remove contents from package. 2. Screw the hanging bolt (C) into the center hole.* 3. Hang the A360N / A360W 1 to 2 ft. above the object to be illuminated.** 4. Connect power cord (A) to the specified DC power supply (J). 5. Plug the power supply into an outlet with the correct specifications (see product specifications for more information). 6. Adjust the Light Intensity Control (I) and the Spectral Tuning Control (D) to the desired setting. When set fully to the left, the light is very close to Kessil Sky Blue.The middle setting is very close to Kessil Ocean Blue. Fully to the right is close to actinic blue. 7. The jacks beneath the controls can be connected to an external 0~10V controller. Please consult your controller’s owners manual for more information. * The A360N / A360W may also be hung by mounting two metal hooks (diameter of at least 2.5 mm and thread count of at least 6) through its brackets (F). ** The A360N / A360W should only be installed on wood, acoustic tile or other similar ceilings. ** For sufficient airflow, the intake and venting holes (E,G) should be at least 12 in. from surrounding obstructions

Last edited:

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have no height specs on the 360x. But I assume would be the same as mine, 360we tuna blue.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have no height specs on the 360x. But I assume would be the same as mine, 360we tuna blue.

They do its right here

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got mine but the BRS video said about 8" above the water line. They did an amazing video on PAR rating for that light. Because it is basically a circle, it does best illuminating square tanks. If your tank is 30 x 19, you will have a bit of spill and shadow. It is engineered to provide optimal coverage for a 24 x 24. Is that a gooseneck? Maybe you can adjust the angle? You could also make a little hood to contain the spillage.

Kessil

Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was recently Gifted a Kessil but I am spilling allot of light
I am currently running a 30 Gallon
30x 19 tank with a few corals
*Neon birds nest
* Zoas
*Frogspawn
*Clove Polyp tree
* Green star Polyps
I also have a small bubble rose tip anemone

How high should I have it from my water without harming my stock

EAAEC2A2-E0DB-402F-8D6D-BE8C5B140275.jpeg FA2E610D-31FD-4F75-9B5D-A2EAE0CCCAE6.jpeg
The 360X illuminates evenly in all directions, so with a rectangular tank like yours, you're going to either have some spill or some shadowing at the top.

I would suggest starting around an 8-10" mounting height and seeing if you like that from a visual perspective.

If you want to cut down on the light spill, you can add a narrow reflector. This will cut the beam angle down to 55 degrees and increase the intensity, so you'll want to either raise the light or turn the intensity down a bit - but it may help to cut your light spill down.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back