Kessil A360X on 6ft 125

PinkyDinkyDoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125 gallon 6 ft long tank and am wondering if 3 Kessil A360X lights would be enough to start getting into corals?

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'd say so. I have an earlier version of this light and overall the color is good and the color blending are good. Can't beat that kessil shimmer, unless you go halide. The trade off for all that shimmer is that they produce light from a single point source and therefore you end up with a lot of shadows. Therefore, this setup would be less ideal for sps long term. I suggest that if you go with these, you add supplemental lighting -- either T5s or led light bars. That will help eliminate shadows.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certainly enough to start, and depending on what you want to keep, could be enough to just stop there. Soft corals likely wouldn’t need any more than that. On a longer timeline sps corals will eventually start becoming a shading problem without more fill light

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome! Thanks for all of the input. Much appreciated
I just added a fifth kessil to my 71” tank. Four had plenty of coverage but in an effort to minimize shadowing, I’m going with a fifth. Contemplating adding a sixth down the road when my tank is covered with SPS. For now, I find five is a little overkill for my frags. Nothing wrong with planning ahead though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back