Kessil / APEX IoTA Conversion

edmcnierney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure I saw this somewhere but now I can't find it. I have three AP9X lights controlled by an APEX controller with IoTA. The Kessil app settings show five values - red, green, blue, color, intensity. The APEX control settings have six values - red, green, blue, violet, white, and intensity. How do I convert the first to the second? Here's an example from a modified SPS AB+ spectrum:
Screenshot_20210530-102010_Kessil_WiFi_480x480.jpg

I need to translate that into this:

screenshot-from-2022-02-20-03-04-34-png.2557678

Thanks!

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey there. Have you watched the video on the Neptune YouTube channel? They had Brendan from Kessil come out and explain this really well. Will try not to butcher it here but essentially 100 blue and 0 white is equivalent to having the slider in the kessil app turned all the way to 100 blue which is 1 on the kessil slider. 50 blue and 50 white translates to 50 on the kessil slider. 100 white and 25 blue translates to 75 on the kessil slider. I believe I said that right. You see the pattern? Anyhow, there is a conversion graph on Kessils website. Sorry I don’t have the link.

OP
OP
E

edmcnierney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick info! I haven't watched that video but I'll look it up. Yes, that sounds like what I remember, and that conversion graph is probably what I saw before. I'll go check Kessil's site again.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back