Kessil Controller

Denver45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a Kessil A360WE set up on my 45 gallon Jbj. I’m looking for a controller for the light and saw some folks having issues with the spectral x. Is there a different controller that works better or is the spectral x what I’m going to find? Appreciate the help!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got a Kessil A360WE set up on my 45 gallon Jbj. I’m looking for a controller for the light and saw some folks having issues with the spectral x. Is there a different controller that works better or is the spectral x what I’m going to find? Appreciate the help!
I use an X on 4x 360s (older and mix of them). I have them connected to the 0-10v port and have no issues. I do have to power the controller via a USB, as opposed to powering it from the k-link from the light.

With that said, you will need

1x controller
1x USB power brick (5v/1A) (I used an old phone brick)
1x USB to micro USB cable to run from the brick to the controller (I used an old phone cable lol)
1x (more if multiple lights are used) 0-10v cable aka 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo male phono plug to 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo male phono plug. I went with a 5 pack off Amazon for cheap and they work just fine.

Connect the power brick/usb cable to center port on controller, then plug the 3.5mm cable into the 0-10v port, then into the light input, set the controller up and good to go. Just setup the light in the 0-10v menu in the dashboard.

OP
OP
Denver45

Denver45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an X on 4x 360s (older and mix of them). I have them connected to the 0-10v port and have no issues. I do have to power the controller via a USB, as opposed to powering it from the k-link from the light.

With that said, you will need

1x controller
1x USB power brick (5v/1A) (I used an old phone brick)
1x USB to micro USB cable to run from the brick to the controller (I used an old phone cable lol)
1x (more if multiple lights are used) 0-10v cable aka 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo male phono plug to 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo male phono plug. I went with a 5 pack off Amazon for cheap and they work just fine.

Connect the power brick/usb cable to center port on controller, then plug the 3.5mm cable into the 0-10v port, then into the light input, set the controller up and good to go. Just setup the light in the 0-10v menu in the dashboard.
Thanks so much, really appreciate all the help!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can still find an A series controller it works also. The X controller is backwards compatible, so works with X or WE variants of the lights.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back