KESSIL KESSIL KESSIL !!!

K100286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Minus9: your so right. Lights are only one factor of many, but for some reason this is what people having trouble growing corals fixate on the lights. There is probably also the "what I have is better".

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The common problem I see is too many new reefers start out with very complicated setups and hard to keep corals without doing any research and have very little patience. When I got back into this hobby a couple of years ago, I spent a lot of time researching LED's and I ended up buying Kessil's (coming from a Metal-halide background), the shimmer and the "fixed" spectrum made the decision very easy for me, that and I really liked the form factor of the mini pendant.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to clarify a comment couple of answers. 1) 2 360's do not equal 1 ap700. The people at Kessil told me that the ap700 is equal to 4 360's. 2. The spread is not 24in by 24in. Kessil states that for sps the spread is 36 by 36 and for lps and soft corals 48 by 48.
Very nice tank. Any reason you have 5 160's instead of 360's or even the ap700's? And yes I don't know why there are those who question the ability of Kessil lights to grow any type of coral? The company has told me they are working on literature to help dispel all the misinformation you see on these forums.
Interesting. I've meter both of them and the out put at the same distance is about equal to the two 360. I.e. Each puck out put is very close.

No one debates threat it can grow coral. The difficulty is they don't release par data. My difficulty has always been, if you are buying a light, you need to know the spread and intensity.

Salt1972

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had (2) 360's on my 4' 55g tank with great results. I'm changing over to a 6' 125g right now and bought (3) more on Craigslist in the last month.
IMG_0563.JPG

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%

Back