Kessil LED vs Halide T5

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry to say this, but their "research" or "further research" is or will be nothing more than improvement for their own products and for the their profit, carefully designed and directed to their marketing interests. Again, there is nothing wrong with that in any business. Their supposed "research" doesn't help at all companies like Kessil or others that I would consider better LED product than theirs.
I'm not here to fire on them "just because", but after that PDF I just think we should wake up and try to analyze the situation better.
Grandis.
when you were growing up did ecotech bully you around or something?

we get it you dont like leds they are Jokers as you say but man u take this to another level. i love metal halides as well but if people never pushed the norm we would still have undergravel filters and brown frags that die in 6 months.

It is proven these lights grow corals D2mini can attest for that WWC can as well Sanjay and Paletta dont forget to add Unique corals to that mix as well. they could have all been given these lights but guess what they grow corals thats a FACT do you like that they do nope you dont. they came out with the coral labs to help people get a baseline of where to start a place where it is known to grow corals. research or further reasearch to benenifit them yea of course they are putting the money out there should they work for free? everyone who owns a business wants a profit its the whole point of being in business. how can you say that there coral lab hasnt helped other leds out? have you seen the BRS videos where they took the spectrum from the coral labs and set them up to every led they have tested except the kessil as they have their own logic?

Do you think WWC corals only runs radions when people ask about them? or when they are expecting customers to show up??? No they run them all the time because they do work. A business of that size wouldnt be using them if they didnt. Ecotech couldnt pay WWC enough if they didnt work think if Ecotechs lights killed all of WWC livesock.

Sanjays corals grow like weeds paletta says. do you think he only runs ecotech products when people film his tank? No its run 24/7 for a reason because they work

So unless you are one of the biggest coral sellers or one of the best hobbyist in the world who run some of the nicest tanks in the world i dont really want to hear how radions dont work no offense

this is a hobby where people can be successful in many ways so just because its not the way you would do it doesnt mean its wrong it just means its differrent

Justin

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when you were growing up did ecotech bully you around or something?

we get it you dont like leds they are Jokers as you say but man u take this to another level. i love metal halides as well but if people never pushed the norm we would still have undergravel filters and brown frags that die in 6 months.

It is proven these lights grow corals D2mini can attest for that WWC can as well Sanjay and Paletta dont forget to add Unique corals to that mix as well. they could have all been given these lights but guess what they grow corals thats a FACT do you like that they do nope you dont. they came out with the coral labs to help people get a baseline of where to start a place where it is known to grow corals. research or further reasearch to benenifit them yea of course they are putting the money out there should they work for free? everyone who owns a business wants a profit its the whole point of being in business. how can you say that there coral lab hasnt helped other leds out? have you seen the BRS videos where they took the spectrum from the coral labs and set them up to every led they have tested except the kessil as they have their own logic?

Do you think WWC corals only runs radions when people ask about them? or when they are expecting customers to show up??? No they run them all the time because they do work. A business of that size wouldnt be using them if they didnt. Ecotech couldnt pay WWC enough if they didnt work think if Ecotechs lights killed all of WWC livesock.

Sanjays corals grow like weeds paletta says. do you think he only runs ecotech products when people film his tank? No its run 24/7 for a reason because they work

So unless you are one of the biggest coral sellers or one of the best hobbyist in the world who run some of the nicest tanks in the world i dont really want to hear how radions dont work no offense

this is a hobby where people can be successful in many ways so just because its not the way you would do it doesnt mean its wrong it just means its differrent

Justin
The facts I've said about Ecotech and WWC won't change. Please read them again and think.
I know they need to make money like you and me. I don't hate them for that.

Mr. Paletta is sold by the "blues" from LEDs. He says that himself. The colors of his corals are purely reflexion from blue diodes. I personally think that is a preference and it isn't about quality of light, nor health/growth of corals. He can say whatever he want to say and I respect him. Anyone can. Fine with me.
I also see some of his tanks to be weird and I would expect more from him, with all the respect, to tell the truth. Don't take me wrong! I like him a lot and have chatted with him couple times. But those are my observations. No can help! He is a legend, but I would expect a bit more... Sorry for my sincerity. Besides, he could get the "blues" from T5s and at the same time have the quality from the T5s!

Mr. Paletta says Dr' Sanjay's corals grows like weeds, but go ask Dr. Sanjay to let you know his personal observations comparing his old halides and the new LEDs (G4PRO). Dr. Sanjay can grow the corals really well with those LEDs, right? But he doesn't look into blue LEDs' reflections, and only growth. There is more when keeping corals and choosing the VERY BEST light you can offer to them. Are you kidding me? LEDs for that tank? Haha!!! Can keep the corals alive, but not the best, I'm sorry, that's the truth!! You can say it's only my opinion. I tell you there are more people with the same opinion with STUNNING reef tanks! Many serious aquarists here that really know what their doing...
I can tell you that if I could have those corals, like you guys have, I would have a very nice Acro tank with halides/T5s. You know that, don't you!!;)

I've never said LEDs can't grow corals. Please go search... That would be stupid of me!
You are going to hear me many times, my friend. We all can say what we think here and this is the beauty of this forum.
You can defend your love for the LEDs and I'll tell you how much I and your corals love those halides!!!
Many of the guys that didn't believe in my words and thought I hated them or their LEDs know me today and we are friends! I'm not against anyone, including the people from WWC, EcoTech, etc... I'm against some of the actions! That's it. Just commenting on them. Nothing wrong with that!
If you don't want to hear me just go away or ignore me, please. Who knows one day you will understand me?

People are starting to realize how weak LEDs' qualities are comparing to MHs and T5s' qualities. This is not only me. Go search and find out, my friend. It's so good to hear from other MH users and see that they are coming here and chat friendly. A while back we would see fires on them from the LED supporters. It's changing! Halide/T5 revolution it is!
Many of the LED defenders are still blind in their bubble, sometime called "wagon" by many, being aggressive towards MH/T5 users, and that needs to stop.
To me it's regression, not going forward with the hobby. All in the name of "technology". Just my opinion.
If we ignore serious MH/T5 posts and light talk videos, like Tullio Del Aquila, to try to have the LED illusions alive we should be called fool.
Here is the video for you:

In case you missed, here is the thread:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/tullio-dell-aquila-the-facts-of-light-macna-2017.331112/

LEDs aren't the best option to lit our tanks today. Simple as that.
Like it or not.
Even BRS knows! They are promoting the hybrid options because they can see what's happening!
You know what? Those hybrids have the main light source and it's not any of the LED fixtures implemented to them.

Love you all!
Peace!

Grandis.
1 Ps: Some times I forget that this thread is actually proving some of my points. I'm humble by it and happy to see it's progressions up to this date.
2Ps: And I also think the LED people like when I come to talk about halides/T5s. They provoke me because they love to hear my points. I just have to repeat it until it goes into their heads. No problem. Good for future searching.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So which ones are the "magic" photons??? ;)
data

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my ATI 8 bulb tank, I changed the bulbs. This is much more photo friendly and looks less lavender in color.

Bulb layout

Blue plus
Blue plus
Actinic
Blue plus
Purple plus
Coral plus
Blue plus
Blue plus

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thread with Grandis posting over and over about LEDs killing his puppy or w/e they did to him that made him hate then so much. You're probably a really nice person with a fantastic tank, but it seems like almost every thread about LEDs you are bashing them, not once but replying to every other post about hating them. It's off putting to me for posting on threads.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thread with Grandis posting over and over about LEDs killing his puppy or w/e they did to him that made him hate then so much. You're probably a really nice person with a fantastic tank, but it seems like almost every thread about LEDs you are bashing them, not once but replying to every other post about hating them. It's off putting to me for posting on threads.
Another guy misunderstanding Mr. Grandis with the LED excuse.
I'm not bashing anything.
I do not post on LED threads either.
What's wrong with you? o_O
Grandis.

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think we should let Boom post his wonderful pictures and allow the thread to run it's course...
Aloha,
Grandis.

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lighting was that taken under?
The T5 combo just mentioned. 5 blue plus, 1 actinic, 1 purple plus, 1 coral plus. It’s also been growing under the all T5 quite nicely.

And as my customers will tell you my pictures are true to the eye. No heavy photo work or doctoring of pics to make them look extra expensive. :p

clover128

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the look of actinic T5's! You're right matching is probably impossible with a Kessil since you have very limited control. Just pointing out the difference that exists even with PAR almost the same.

Both tanks are using gyre's for flow?

Can’t you dial both intensity and color on kessils? I don’t own one but pretty sure you can on the a360 for example...

OP
OP
BoomCorals

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t you dial both intensity and color on kessils? I don’t own one but pretty sure you can on the a360 for example...
You can yes. But the look will be very different than T5. T5 are more flat and no shimmer. But man can they grow and color corals.

I have another coral pic to share tomorrow with a story. Just wait and see!

iemsparticus

The Addiction is Real
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can yes. But the look will be very different than T5. T5 are more flat and no shimmer. But man can they grow and color corals.

I have another coral pic to share tomorrow with a story. Just wait and see!
That’s why I like my A360WE/T5 hybrid so much. I get all the greatness from T5s ultra diffuse light, but I also get the sweet sweet look of the Kessil shimmer. With the T5s muting the shimmer a bit, I think it looks as close to diving in the ocean as I’ve seen. :)

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why I like my A360WE/T5 hybrid so much. I get all the greatness from T5s ultra diffuse light, but I also get the sweet sweet look of the Kessil shimmer. With the T5s muting the shimmer a bit, I think it looks as close to diving in the ocean as I’ve seen. :)

Having done a lot of diving/snorkeling off Okinawa, I couldn't disagree more in regard to what the T5s do to the look of a tank.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 26 35.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back