OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best logic kessil should have incorporated into the A160 would be user replaceable fans
If they start making the A160's like A80's then there will be no need fans. :)

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some food for thought...

The "Kessil Logic" works with the intensity channel so that you can set the color channel any way you like.
Then can you set the color channel to pure actinic and still grow SPS as good as if you set the color channel at about 50% color?

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One ap700 will cover 48in. mixed Reef. I would put any sps corals within 36in. of the light. This only leaves 6in. on each side of the rock work. Seems perfect to me.
If your talking to me.

I'm very happy with the Kessil/T5 hybird. Best of both worlds. :)

Thanks for your help.

1stNoel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol
What does "mic drop" mean? :confused:

mic drop.gif

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some food for thought...

The "Kessil Logic" works with the intensity channel so that you can set the color channel any way you like.
Then can you set the color channel to pure actinic and still grow SPS as good as if you set the color channel at about 50% color?

The point of Kessil Logic is that it will maintain appropriate spectrum regardless of the color setting you select. My SPS grow and maintain color at 65% and I have little doubt they'd be fine if color was 100% (or 15% for that matter if you enjoy blue tanks).

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The point of Kessil Logic is that it will maintain appropriate spectrum regardless of the color setting you select. My SPS grow and maintain color at 65% and I have little doubt they'd be fine if color was 100% (or 15% for that matter if you enjoy blue tanks).
Do you think your SPS would still have the same growth if you set the color to zero?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think your SPS would still have the same growth if you set the color to zero?
I believe so but I'm not willing to stare at a blue tank for an extended period of time to say for certain.
Some of the kids have been growing zoas unde blue only. It's like a challenge. Like no water changes or no skimmer etc.

They have success with the kessil blue only. On zoas at least.
Doing it with The old white blue leds, they don't usually report back.

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it comes down to a brand of light or their special software. Everything works and doesn't. I use Kessil, T5's , MH and chinese leds on my systems. I also use a spectrometer and PAR meter. I can tell you, first ask yourself who decided X brands spectrum should be so, and based on what. Then when you realize it's a company building sales not a lab studying corals. You can toss out any gimmick from any company and simply see how your corals respond on your system. The reaction to the light will be different, depending on your flow, ALk level, temp. And nutrient levels. So observation with an initial adjustment based on your educated guess out weighs any software. It is a bit of a mind trick when a company uses a slick name like logic. It could be called Kessil lasagna and in the end only you with your eyes on your coral can determine the best setting.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it comes down to a brand of light or their special software. Everything works and doesn't. I use Kessil, T5's , MH and chinese leds on my systems. I also use a spectrometer and PAR meter. I can tell you, first ask yourself who decided X brands spectrum should be so, and based on what. Then when you realize it's a company building sales not a lab studying corals. You can toss out any gimmick from any company and simply see how your corals respond on your system. The reaction to the light will be different, depending on your flow, ALk level, temp. And nutrient levels. So observation with an initial adjustment based on your educated guess out weighs any software. It is a bit of a mind trick when a company uses a slick name like logic. It could be called Kessil lasagna and in the end only you with your eyes on your coral can determine the best setting.
I can honestly say that the "Kessil Logic" works.
I had the original A350w and it was a booger to get the color spectrum right to your eyes liking and good for coral health.

Most reefers don't want own or to fool with a spectrometer. :)

Regards, GoVols

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case nobody's seen BRS's latest a360 par and "Kessil Logic" testing results.

Regards, GoVols

Dana Riddle

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil Logic enhances the user experience while boosting output by 30% throughout the spectral tuning range. ;) Now that I've quote the Kessil cut sheet, it appears one knob control the UV, 420 and 450 nm and 'white' LEDs and the other controls intensity. OK, OK, you know that already. My real question is how the optimum spectral quality was determined. The major spectral spike appears to be at 450nm - dead-on the maximum absorption peak of protective xanthophylls. In other words, some of this energy is shunted away from photosynthetic reaction centers and is, in effect, wasted. With that said, I don't have any on-hands experience with Kessil luminaires. I tried to buy one at the Fort Lauderdale MACNA and the Kessil representative refused to sell one to me, even though he had a table covered with them. Never got back to considering purchasing one after that.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessil Logic enhances the user experience while boosting output by 30% throughout the spectral tuning range. ;) Now that I've quote the Kessil cut sheet, it appears one knob control the UV, 420 and 450 nm and 'white' LEDs and the other controls intensity. OK, OK, you know that already. My real question is how the optimum spectral quality was determined. The major spectral spike appears to be at 450nm - dead-on the maximum absorption peak of protective xanthophylls. In other words, some of this energy is shunted away from photosynthetic reaction centers and is, in effect, wasted. With that said, I don't have any on-hands experience with Kessil luminaires. I tried to buy one at the Fort Lauderdale MACNA and the Kessil representative refused to sell one to me, even though he had a table covered with them. Never got back to considering purchasing one after that.
Why did he refuse to sell you one? :confused:
Did he know who you are and did not want you to test it out with your knowledge in the field of lighting?

If so, To myself it makes Kessil look bad and would want someone like you to not only buy a unit but donate you one.

OP
OP
GoVols

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dana Riddle
Did you quote the "cut sheet" or have you taken the time to watch and disgest the above BRS video?

If you watched the video. What is your overall take on the Kessil a360's par / uv and kessil logic?

Thanks, Freddie

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back