Kessils A360 Wide or Narrow

Kehaulani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm upgrading to a 75 gallon reef tank and was wondering what everyone thought about lighting. The tank came with a MH fixture that holds 4 t5 bulbs, two sets on MH on either side and a two sets on LEDS on either sides. I was gonna run the tank this way but I wanted something more energy efficient and I like how the kessils shimmer and save energy. My only thing is I'm not sure if I should buy two kessil A360 wide or two 360 narrows. What do you guys think would work best on a 75 gallon

BOMPH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a 6ft tank with 4 A360WE's on it. I would think you want at least 2 WE, they cover a 2ft square area. Otherwise you might get some dim areas, especially on the outer edges of the light. I went with 4 due to a center brace. You could always supplement with A160's if needed as well.

I really like these lights and I think i get great growth and color from them. I run them 75% max, ramped up from 40% on a 12 hour photoperiod, and i bring the color from 0 to 60 on the same schedule as the intensity ramp up.

OP
OP
Kehaulani

Kehaulani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was leaning that way but wasn't sure if it would penetrate the depth of the water well being that it's wide and now narrow. You guys think it will be ok depth ways?

tweeter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 55, and run 2 360we. The par is great even at the bottom of the tank.

kidtango

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with the wide spread. Corals like that much more than focused light source. That's how people burn their corals with the other fixtures that r more focused. I would even consider running three of them.

I run mine at 100% without any issue. I also have 8 bulb t5s along with 3x 360we

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 81 48.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back