Keyhole limpets?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stephers
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Stephers

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 5, 2018
Messages
520
Reaction score
395
Location
South Carolina
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this look like a keyhole? Something is eating the base of my monti cap. It's the only coral being affected right now. The only thing I see is these guys. I've never noticed them before, but I seem to have a lot... I've been killing as many as possible the last couple days.

20190412_000757.jpg

20190412_000900.jpg
 
That is a keyhole...i havent seen those in particular eat sps but i have seen others in thier family chow down on them.
Have you looked for monti eating nudis?
 
That is a keyhole...i havent seen those in particular eat sps but i have seen others in thier family chow down on them.
Have you looked for monti eating nudis?

Yes I've been looking for anything and everything. Unfortunately the monti is encrusted on a large rock, so I can't really dip it.
 
If your tank can support it i like yellow corris wrasse for pest control.
 
If your tank can support it i like yellow corris wrasse for pest control.

I have a leopard wrasse who I'm certain snacks around. These things are tough for me to even kill. They are strong. I think I'll just keep picking away at them and see if the monti destruction stops. At least they picked one of the toughest corals I have. I'll update if I figure it out.

Thanks for the help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new