KH controller with Tropic Marin All-For-Reef

eliasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently dosing All-For-Reef product and I'm very happy since I started to include as part of my reef cares

Now I'm planning to dose it automatically using peristaltic pump and I'm also wondering if it would be compatible with any KH automatic control systems like GHL KH Director, Xepta Autobalance, ReefFActory KH Keeper, etc. do you have any successful experience with any of these systems?

Thanks a lot in advance
Regards

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm currently dosing All-For-Reef product and I'm very happy since I started to include as part of my reef cares

Now I'm planning to dose it automatically using peristaltic pump and I'm also wondering if it would be compatible with any KH automatic control systems like GHL KH Director, Xepta Autobalance, ReefFActory KH Keeper, etc. do you have any successful experience with any of these systems?

Thanks a lot in advance
Regards

I'm not certain what you mean by "compatible", but if you mean could you use one of those systems to auto does AfR using dKH as the "measuring point" or "trigger", then I'd say yes, with a pretty high degree of certainty.

I used a Trident and DoS to do the same thing and it worked perfectly until I had to switch from AfR to something else due needing to dose different amounts of Alk and Cal supplements. As long as you're using the AfR as your "dosing liquid", it should be fine.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think it would not work given that the alk change is not immediate and it's seemingly unknown as to how long it takes for the bacteria to make the alk available.

Wolters_88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would think it would not work given that the alk change is not immediate and it's seemingly unknown as to how long it takes for the bacteria to make the alk available.
I wondered why mines is all over the place. I’m betting this is why.

Attachments

• DB883441-56EC-49E8-A39C-F68D8C7C2D50.png
    DB883441-56EC-49E8-A39C-F68D8C7C2D50.png
    257.6 KB · Views: 57

Nathan80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a big fan of all in one products of any kind - they assume that the corals are consuming elements and trace at the same rate uniformly and constantly (which doesn't happen in reality), dosing separate supplements allows for more uniform parameters. How old is the tank, what's it stocked with and how much are you dosing each day at the minute?

The short answer to the question is yes (with a caveat, which is that you will need to be dosing a single KH buffer and then other dosing solutions for Ca, MG, trace etc - so stop using your current solution) - you can set any of the above devices you mention (I would also add Alkatronic & Dosetronic to the list as well as the Apex with Trident) to monitor and correct the dose accordingly.

My personal view would be either go GHL or Focustronic. GHL with the new Ion Director that's now shipping will mean no more testing apart from PO4 (rumour has it there will be an update to monitor that too at some point) and the Focustronic group of products with the Mastertronic now available will also automate pretty much all testing for you and the subsequent dosing of KH, Ca and Mg supplements.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back