KH Director and Calcium Reactor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Trivan
The powerbar socket controlling your solenoid should be set to pH value 2. That will allow the solenoid to be controlled based on the live pH values inside your calcium reactor. When the KHD is set to Calcium Reactor mode, it will step-in and adjust your pH probe desired value based on the outcome of each KH test.

If you set the socket function to KH Value Control, it will make the KHD the primary means of control for your solenoid, bypassing the pH probe values.

I recommend allowing the pH probe to be your primary means of control and the KHD to be the secondary control for minor adjustments.

Trivan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend allowing the pH probe to be your primary means of control and the KHD to be the secondary control for minor adjustments.

Thanks Vinny. So I've changed the Switch to be pH-Value 2. Is "Control Downward (Decrease)" the correct option?

Thanks!

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the logbook section but I don’t see where I can turn a log on for a specific outlet on the powerbar.
Switch channel logging is on the to-do list as with many other planned features.
I have a work around for this. Take one of your free dosers in your GCC eller myGHL/app. Set the flowrate to 1 ml/minute. Check for saving into chart Go down there you can choose if the pump should respond to schedule or switch channel. Chose index and fill in the actual switch number. In my case below I use this trick for showing when and how much my heater is running (heater is värmare in Swedish) I have the capacity to 30000 ml (30 000 minutes). My heater is on switch 19

1603752269727.png

Here is the last days graph together with my temperature. I use puls variable and paus fixed as control mode. Nominal value 25 degree C

1603752653155.png

Here you can see that my temperature has run mostly between 24.9 -25.0 degree celsius and that my heater has been on for 232.7 minutes (remember the flowrate 1 ml/min)

Sincerely Lasse

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to read into this as of now I use 2 part and my KH and it adjusts for me. I'm up to 85ml a day. And always adjusting as it's not keeping up every so often. Dabbling in idea of getting carx instead of 2 part. Bug I wanna learn how to make kh be dialed in consistent with a carx

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if my carx sits at 6.70 all day and night and doesnt even move.... if my kh tests high how does the KH add more CO2.. without turning the actual CO2 up from the regulator??? it wont drop the ph without more Co2.. how do i understand the KH control.

right now my ph in rx is set to 6.60 with .05 hystersis.... that being said right now its sitting at 6.60 all day and night never changes...

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to control the PH inside the reactor is a stupid way to go about it. Surely a much better way would be to simply turn on and off the flow from the calcium reactor. So it's controlling the continuous duty dosing pump. Therefore what would need to happen is: Input the flow rate of the effluent and the dkh of the effluent then it could work out how long to turn on and off the pump for between tests.

RSDeano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im a little confused here
Can someone please share the screen setups for this?
I setup the pH probe in the calc reactor to be pH down to 6.7 which is all well and good.
What im missing is the control of that switch control to cycle the carbon doser/solenoid on/off
Any help would be great
Thanks

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back