Kind of weird

phillrodrigo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2014
Messages
808
Reaction score
13
Location
quaker hill ct
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During the summer I connected my 2 tanks. It's a 75 gallon with a 40 gallon sump and connects to my nephews 20h. I find it weird that both tanks have different algea issues and have the same sump same type of light. My 75 stays pretty good but I get a bit of red cyano in the sand but it isn't to bad. The 20 gallon is bb and it gets lots of bubble algea and some hair algea growing on the bottom of the glass. It was on the rock before a little bit but I tossed the rock in a bucket for a month or so and cooked it. I would expect I would have the same algae issues in both tanks. I don't have a single bubble in my 75 or any hair either. For some reason most of the bubbles are on the tunze powerhead.
 
Everything grows where the best area is provided to it to do so. In regards to lighting, flow, nutrients. There is something it likes where it is growing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 25.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new