OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys!! I didn't even get notifications for your posts! Not even @fishguy242 's post a minute ago!! What the heck, Richard?!

I only saw your posts by chance. So sad.

No real updates to speak of, but I'm thinking I might merge tanks. I'm going to decide this weekend. I'm having a weird green hair algae situation in the 40B that is only growing on the substrate, glass, and plastics. The rocks are pristine. The scarlet hermits continue to murder things (including my LTA and each other -- there's a new hermit corpse every morning), and the easiest way to get them the fuh out will be to tear the whole thing apart. There are a few fish in there that I'm sure will be happy in the RSR, and I can finally get all of the corals in their forever homes.

Work has been soooo busy I haven't had time to do much of anything with either tank. The RSR, however, is doing great. No water changes, no testing, minimal algae, and the corals are all growing quite a bit.

So -- I may have actual news and updates soon. In the meanwhile, enjoy tonight's sunset. ♥

DEA4A39D-6E79-49CB-A95B-78549CBC381F.jpeg

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to be a pro at teardown and rebuilds before the 1 year mark lol.
My sunsets aren't so great.... but the sunrise. Well.
Screenshot_20211116-215938_Facebook.jpg
Hahaha, no kidding!! At this point I'm not even bothered by the idea. I've got it down.

I'm a sucker for a good sunrise! :D

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys!! I didn't even get notifications for your posts! Not even @fishguy242 's post a minute ago!! What the heck, Richard?!

I only saw your posts by chance. So sad.

No real updates to speak of, but I'm thinking I might merge tanks. I'm going to decide this weekend. I'm having a weird green hair algae situation in the 40B that is only growing on the substrate, glass, and plastics. The rocks are pristine. The scarlet hermits continue to murder things (including my LTA and each other -- there's a new hermit corpse every morning), and the easiest way to get them the fuh out will be to tear the whole thing apart. There are a few fish in there that I'm sure will be happy in the RSR, and I can finally get all of the corals in their forever homes.

Work has been soooo busy I haven't had time to do much of anything with either tank. The RSR, however, is doing great. No water changes, no testing, minimal algae, and the corals are all growing quite a bit.

So -- I may have actual news and updates soon. In the meanwhile, enjoy tonight's sunset. ♥

DEA4A39D-6E79-49CB-A95B-78549CBC381F.jpeg
Merge taaaaanks? To a bigger one? Exciting. Anyhow.

you must have special killer scarlets. Mine are model citizens. Never killed anything.
killer hello GIF

as per your sunset the pumpkins are ready on the fields in front. I guess now that Halloween is over you can get some discount for your pumpkin pie ;) .

Happy Fall Season GIF by Peanuts

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

you must have special killer scarlets. Mine are model citizens. Never killed anything.
killer hello GIF

as per your sunset the pumpkins are ready on the fields in front. I guess now that Halloween is over you can get some discount for your pumpkin pie ;) .

Happy Fall Season GIF by Peanuts
They are enormous monsters. When they aren't straight up killers, they perch and pick on my sps corals. I've taken to reaching in and just throwing them off. If anyone wants them, I'll chuck 'em in a bag and overnight them!

I think about stealing pumpkins every day! Lol.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And not to a bigger one!! I am all done spending money on anything (reef/tank-related) other than fish food for the foreseeable future.

The friggin kids want expensive things this Christmas.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And not to a bigger one!! I am all done spending money on anything (reef/tank-related) other than fish food for the foreseeable future.

The friggin kids want expensive things this Christmas.
A Barbie doll and huge tank will do for them ;)
aquarium GIF

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning, y'all. In case you missed the memo, i decided to terminate the NP experiment. There were three fish in the 40B at the time of its retirement, including a tomato clown. I didn't think he was going to make it through the night as the snowflake pair and lemon damsels were beating him up and I couldn't catch him again to put him in a little tank for safety. Everything in the tank has all cohabitated peacefully thus far, and I'm glad to report that they've largely stopped harassing Mater. They're still flexing on him a bit, but they aren't ganging up and body slamming him anymore.

I think things are gonna be okay.

Tomorrow I'll get the live rock in here, tweak the scape accordingly, and get the frags (finally) where I want them. :D I can safely say the tank is FULLY stocked. Wallet is CLOSED.

I haven't seen Glitch in a few days, so we'll see if he comes out of his cave when I rearrange.

Please enjoy a dirty-glass FTS of my happy tank.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wallet is closed...... funniest thing i've read all morning.
thanks for the smile. :cool:

GL, xmas is around the corner. Soon it's more presents time!!
It's closed for ME, you guys. :p

Now I've gotta spoil my kids. And pay off credit cards! Haha. :(

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's closed for ME, you guys. :p

Now I've gotta spoil my kids. And pay off credit cards! Haha. :(
I understand. I am done spending cash on myself. Unless the lfs somehow magically gets a colony of awesome zoa's in.

Back