OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! Well there was a Chick Fila in the parking lot next door to our office. And an IHOP But my hotel was in SLC
My nosy butt deducing where you must work...

creeping secret agent GIF by Manny404

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those blue lights hide all manner of sins. This algae definitely looked brown until I turned on all whites. Good thing I'm upgrading the tank this weekend. I'm going to do the work my snails and urchin are failing at and clean these dang rocks! Haha.

I also have a robust CUC coming this weekend. I've slowly added to the crew as I've added more stock, but I kept getting them from LA because I kept having store credit from them for all of the DOA inverts they kept sending. As such, I don't have as many cleaners as I wanted or obviously need. Ordered from a new vendor this time, and I've got a good feeling about him. *fingers crossed*

Green Algae.jpg

In other news, my RSR 250 was delivered yesterday in pristine condition, and my living room is (as usual) full of boxes. I've got to empty out and move an armoire-style desk and will be centering the new tank on the wall that the current tank is on. I'll update as I get things built out! :)

After adding the foam under my replacement 40B, I figured out why the first one leaked; the weight of the water in my HOB filter, skimmer, and fuge. I wasn't able to visually see it go out of level without the foam. If I wasn't upgrading, I would run into the same issue again at some point down the line.

I did a 50% WC yesterday morning (NH3 was 0.25), and the water has looked a little cloudy ever since -- but it doesn't look cloudy under the whites. I think my skimmer started shooting out microbubbles when I turned it back on and the blues and violets are bouncing off the bubbles. I've been low-key worried that I had a bacterial bloom, so even though the whites revealed that friggin green algae, at least it alleviated my cloudiness concerns. Also tested the major parameters today and everything is back in balance. I added a melanurus wrasse and a Lubbock's fairy wrasse, and they're a lot bigger than my other fish so my nitrifying bacteria had a momentary whiskey tango foxtrot moment.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One time the UPS drive asked my husband, who was out mowing the lawn, if everything was okay because he hadn’t delivered anything in the last week.
If there aren't any packages on my porch for a week, someone should probably do a welfare check. Lol

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One time the UPS drive asked my husband, who was out mowing the lawn, if everything was okay because he hadn’t delivered anything in the last week.
I chocked on my Dr Pepper ;Joyful

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even when I’m not doing a build the boxes keep coming…
A56B474D-E0ED-4C2B-AA5E-286F5BC33631.jpeg
I bumped into the FedEx guy as I was going to my car yesterday and he said, "Are you expecting a delivery?" To which I half-shrugged and said, "I usually am." LOL. It's a sickness. We need help.

Shipping 1.jpg

Shipping 2.jpg

Shipping 3.jpg

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You must be that magic piece on the forums. Remind me never to anger this one.
My mind went to exploiting her winning powers for the PM raffle! Lol

Last edited:

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My mind went to exploiting his winning powers for the PM raffle! Lol
I couldn't even sleep last night. I was getting ready to go to bed after the mention. And POP *you've been tagged* I was like, huh whats going on. Oh long night.

Back