OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All fish need to be treated in case i didnt express that already. Melypr thanks for reminding me. I think i expressed that but not sure
Yea I figured that and I beleive u have said it which is going to stink o well better then nothing

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better to heal the fish than lose them
Absolutely I agree I was just thinking about how to catch them all question if I can get the Kole tang eating on the copper treatment can I then transfer him to the main tank and do hypo on the main tank? In my situation this would be the easiest method if not would a 30 be ok for two clowns a Kole tang and a bi color blenny? I rather them stay in there home the 90 and take the corals out. But i will do whatever it takes to save them all so thanks again

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely I agree I was just thinking about how to catch them all question if I can get the Kole tang eating on the copper treatment can I then transfer him to the main tank and do hypo on the main tank? In my situation this would be the easiest method if not would a 30 be ok for two clowns a Kole tang and a bi color blenny? I rather them stay in there home the 90 and take the corals out. But i will do whatever it takes to save them all so thanks again
Its better to do in qt. If u dise copper in dt the live rock will absorb the copper making the levels unsteady and will bleach copper later down the road. 30 should be fine for a qt sonce it is only a temporary home for them. And there are some cases where hypos has worled but melpyr, humblefish and i dont like the hypo method. To many inconsistencies that could go wrong with it.

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its better to do in qt. If u dise copper in dt the live rock will absorb the copper making the levels unsteady and will bleach copper later down the road. 30 should be fine for a qt sonce it is only a temporary home for them. And there are some cases where hypos has worled but melpyr, humblefish and i dont like the hypo method. To many inconsistencies that could go wrong with it.
No I kno that I was saying to stop the copper treatment and switch t to hypo for the DT ooo ok u don't like doing hypo I see whys that if I might ask what incasistancies? and for 76 days that's temporary for us but that would be ok for a fish I'm not trying to argue with u just trying to understand cause I would think in a 30 gallon there would be more inconsistencies. I mean ur way seems to be working with the copper he looks way better as of now I'm just trying to understand

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I kno that I was saying to stop the copper treatment and switch t to hypo for the DT ooo ok u don't like doing hypo I see whys that if I might ask what incasistancies? and for 76 days that's temporary for us but that would be ok for a fish I'm not trying to argue with u just trying to understand cause I would think in a 30 gallon there would be more inconsistencies. I mean ur way seems to be working with the copper he looks way better as of now I'm just trying to understand
When you have rocks in a tank and add copper the rocks absorb the copper so that takes the copper out of the water column which is then less than theareputic levels in the water column that treats the fish. And as far as hypo, you need to male sure theres absolutely no evaporation. Even then it doesnt work all the time. Humblefish has tried the hypo way and didnt end well.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 30 gallon yeah not as big not as much room to swim but the copper will stay in the water column given that there are no rocks in the qt. Also in a big tank water evaporates faster than in a small tank.

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 30 gallon yeah not as big not as much room to swim but the copper will stay in the water column given that there are no rocks in the qt. Also in a big tank water evaporates faster than in a small tank.
Right and I have an ato on the 90 I'm going the copper route in the thirty and I understand about the rocks and everything thank u again

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good sir no problem

Ok so my plan is to set up the 30 gallon tonight with the ten gallon tank water ten gallons of new water and then I will do a ten gallon water change on my display tank and use that water. Can I or better of should I dip him again tonight?
If I get the other fish out of the tank tonight (it will be three am when I get home and I'm not trying to wake up the neighborhood or the wifey might be able to get the clowns but the blenny I highly doubt) should I dip them as well before I put them in qt?
And lastly what else should I be medicating along with the copper? Should I be running a skimmer with copper? What should I use as the power head? If I use this power head in the copper will I no longer be able to use it in my display tank cause it will leach? I've never done copper so this is all new to me. Thanks again honestly thank u u guys helped my fish survive another day

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so my plan is to set up the 30 gallon tonight with the ten gallon tank water ten gallons of new water and then I will do a ten gallon water change on my display tank and use that water. Can I or better of should I dip him again tonight?
If I get the other fish out of the tank tonight (it will be three am when I get home and I'm not trying to wake up the neighborhood or the wifey might be able to get the clowns but the blenny I highly doubt) should I dip them as well before I put them in qt?
And lastly what else should I be medicating along with the copper? Should I be running a skimmer with copper? What should I use as the power head? If I use this power head in the copper will I no longer be able to use it in my display tank cause it will leach? I've never done copper so this is all new to me. Thanks again honestly thank u u guys helped my fish survive another day
Thhat should work. As far as skimmer goes i personaly dont. Powerhead i think you are correct. Not to use it in dt after.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tang look ok enough to take a fw dip i would to give him relief. As far as the others, they should be fine if they havent shown signs of ich or velvet yet.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But i would make sure to get some vitamin food additives to add to the food so they can keep up with the immunse system. I use selcon

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No skimmer. Just an HOB filter, power head OR air stone is fine, heater and ammonia alert badge. You'll definitely need to take ALL the fish out.... especially if this is velvet. You dont want to put your fish back in just to have them reinfected.

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darn and ok about the power head that truly stinks
Any chance issue could be with food being contaminated with something or possibly stuck in throat?
what do u mean? I do beleive in the garlic extract there could possibly be nori floating around in it and I didn't put it on the fridge after opening for like two weeks. as for the other food I use Frozen mysis and brand new flake food. At one point I had old flake food don't know if that could be contaminated just think old.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back