OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was what was left in the Fresh water dip container image.jpeg And here he is after the dip in his ten gallon home

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went six this time. The last two times I dipped him was at five mins and after seeing he handled five I figured six would be fine. I only airated the water for 25 mins before and left the stone in there bubbling really slow like I have always done I added a lil tank water to the dip as well for ph purposes

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went six this time. The last two times I dipped him was at five mins and after seeing he handled five I figured six would be fine. I only airated the water for 25 mins before and left the stone in there bubbling really slow like I have always done I added a lil tank water to the dip as well for ph purposes
Perfectly fine. I can see what looks like salt soec from the dip correct?

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man Kole looks bad but I'm telling u he's a fighter he's got some heart and I really hope he pulls thru this I'm all ears to any ideas out there and I will be waking up at ten(when the local fish store opens) to get the medication u guys recommend whilst I'm sleeping PLEASE HELP and for those of u who already have helped thank u for everything @domination2580 thank u for staying up late and for ur help keep Kole in ur prayers

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50 dollar fish 100 plus in medication and equipment if and when he pulls thru this it will be priceless

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem its what I'm here for. Ill check the thread when i get up. Amd yes powder is a good word. Im thinking it is ich with that info. So you're good to go

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And @Humblefish I was the one who asked u if u tried the diatom filter for ur study on Thursday night when this all started happening. I should have picked it up but went against my gut I'm regretting it now it's was only 95 dollars such an idiot.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And @Humblefish I was the one who asked u if u tried the diatom filter for ur study on Thursday night when this all started happening. I should have picked it up but went against my gut I'm regretting it now it's was only 95 dollars such an idiot.
Don't be to hard on yourself. Crap happens we learn from our mistakes.

OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't be to hard on yourself. Crap happens we learn from our mistakes.
Yea I guess just take it as a learning experience just a shame to see him like that alright just got done slowly adding the copper time for bed gotta be up in a couple of hours

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes in deed... I would start copper right away. Taking the other fish out and treating them as well is prudent so the kole doesn't get reinfected when you put him back in the DT. Probably came in on a coral or invert - which sucks, but it does happen. CopperPower is absolutely fine. It's a chelated copper and should be a bit easier on the fish. You'll need the API copper test kit if you dont already have it. 30 days of copper and 76 days fallow. I'm sorry :(

edit to ask: where those spots there the whole time or only recently?

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All fish need to be treated in case i didnt express that already. Melypr thanks for reminding me. I think i expressed that but not sure

Last edited:
OP
OP
justingraham

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes in deed... I would start copper right away. Taking the other fish out and treating them as well is prudent so the kole doesn't get reinfected when you put him back in the DT. Probably came in on a coral or invert - which sucks, but it does happen. CopperPower is absolutely fine. It's a chelated copper and should be a bit easier on the fish. You'll need the API copper test kit if you dont already have it. 30 days of copper and 76 days fallow. I'm sorry :(

edit to ask: where those spots there the whole time or only recently?
Just recently the spots have arrived he is still swimming arroind as of right now

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%

Back