Korallin calcium reactors using peristaltic pumps

Aquarium51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All! First post here. I’m currently using a korallin c4002 with an ecotech versa pulling water through the reactor. This seems to be a recipe for pressure lock (can’t get CO2 into reactor without higher pressure). I think that the korallin reactor was designed to not require a feed pump in any fashion (It pulls water Into the reactor at the same rate it returns water) by putting the peristaltic pump after the output I’m just creating back pressure. I’ve decided to replace the versa (after designated reactor output) with a needle valve turned down to a relatively slow drip and use the versa to pull an accurate rate through the alternate output located directly on top of the reactor ( I think this is an excess CO2 valve). I think I just need some thoughts on this. Anyone tried it?

Atomicus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have run them over 14 years by having water supply into them with maxi jet 1200 off of a tee with flow restrictions on both top co2 vent and regular output set to a drop every few seconds and the co2 set by ph controller to a ph probe in a mini cup the output drips into. I do this instead of ph probe in korallin. As a result I get about an hourly swing with the difference of 0.1 for ph set 6.5 using reborn media and remag mixed 5. With time lag the ph swinging 6.45 to 6.65 in effluent mini cup. This hourly kh swing I think makes more stable but slightly slower acro growth.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back