Kschweer: 57 rimless build

truepercs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took some time and went through your entire thread... It was a good read, I like how you added inhabitants slowly. That is what caught my attention prompting me to read on.
I seen one of the Borb's in another thread and looked into them but was disappointed after learning of cost and requirements. I cringed after seeing that you added one. After not seeing updates/ info on it after several pages I was assuming it had died.

Then... someone asked about your fish and... there it was mentioned in your list. Not too long after that I seen the video of it being fed. I was very happy to see that it was alive and doing well! Followed the move and even the most recent equipment incidents. Very happy to see that you have had the tank up for the long haul and loss appears to be at a minimum you have been through your share of events.

Great job! Keep on reefing...

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took some time and went through your entire thread... It was a good read, I like how you added inhabitants slowly. That is what caught my attention prompting me to read on.
I seen one of the Borb's in another thread and looked into them but was disappointed after learning of cost and requirements. I cringed after seeing that you added one. After not seeing updates/ info on it after several pages I was assuming it had died.

Then... someone asked about your fish and... there it was mentioned in your list. Not too long after that I seen the video of it being fed. I was very happy to see that it was alive and doing well! Followed the move and even the most recent equipment incidents. Very happy to see that you have had the tank up for the long haul and loss appears to be at a minimum you have been through your share of events.

Great job! Keep on reefing...
Thank you very much!!! The borbonius is easily top 3 favorite fish in my book. I was nervous about price and how some say they are on the tougher side to keep. I was surprised at how hardy of a fish it was once settled into the tank. Once it was used to the bright tank lighting it was out and about all the time. Unfortunately I lost it a little while back. I had it 2.5 years and from what I have heard from other reefers with experience with them that is about the expectancy with them. Thanks for reading!!

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I lost it a little while back.

Ah man! I'm sorry about that! did anything happen in particular or he just up and died on ya? (hate it when that happens)

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah man! I'm sorry about that! did anything happen in particular or he just up and died on ya? (hate it when that happens)
Nothing at all that I noticed. It was acting normal until it stopped eating one day and was gone 3-4 days later. It was pretty strange. I talked to a bunch of other reefers I know who have had them and the ones that had the fish until the 2-2.5 year mark experienced similar.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing at all that I noticed. It was acting normal until it stopped eating one day and was gone 3-4 days later. It was pretty strange. I talked to a bunch of other reefers I know who have had them and the ones that had the fish until the 2-2.5 year mark experienced similar.

Yeah. That sucks man. I hate it when that happens, but there ya go. I wonder if they just have a shorter life span that some fish or if they are just collected when they are already adults.

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a sad day, just got finished taking it all down. This will be the first time in at least 7 years without a tank. I Wanted to thank everyone for following along. Hopefully my break won't be too long.
IMG_1927.JPG

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noooooooo
I didn't think I was going to be so bummed! Lol. With work and wedding coming up I just didn't have the time. Also need to get some projects done around the house.

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a great build/tank! Sad to see it come to an end.... hopefully you can get another tank going again soon :)

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life has a way of changing our priorities. Focus on the family first and things will work out for you to be able to come back better than before.
Hope you have a great wedding and blessed with each other! You'll be back in no time [emoji6] Don't be a stranger!

OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
kschweer

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Life has a way of changing our priorities. Focus on the family first and things will work out for you to be able to come back better than before.
Hope you have a great wedding and blessed with each other! You'll be back in no time [emoji6] Don't be a stranger!
Thank you so much! I'm not going anywhere. You guys can't get rid of me that easily! Lol

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back