Kschweer: 57 rimless build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by kschweer, Sep 15, 2013.

1. kschweer

kschweer Zoas!!! Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award NJRC Member Partner Member 2018

Thank you!!

2. truepercs

truepercs Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

I took some time and went through your entire thread... It was a good read, I like how you added inhabitants slowly. That is what caught my attention prompting me to read on.
    I seen one of the Borb's in another thread and looked into them but was disappointed after learning of cost and requirements. I cringed after seeing that you added one. After not seeing updates/ info on it after several pages I was assuming it had died.

Then... someone asked about your fish and... there it was mentioned in your list. Not too long after that I seen the video of it being fed. I was very happy to see that it was alive and doing well! Followed the move and even the most recent equipment incidents. Very happy to see that you have had the tank up for the long haul and loss appears to be at a minimum you have been through your share of events.

Great job! Keep on reefing...

kschweer and Sabellafella like this.
  3. kschweer

kschweer Zoas!!! Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award NJRC Member Partner Member 2018

Thank you very much!!! The borbonius is easily top 3 favorite fish in my book. I was nervous about price and how some say they are on the tougher side to keep. I was surprised at how hardy of a fish it was once settled into the tank. Once it was used to the bright tank lighting it was out and about all the time. Unfortunately I lost it a little while back. I had it 2.5 years and from what I have heard from other reefers with experience with them that is about the expectancy with them. Thanks for reading!!

4. melypr1985

melypr1985 totally addicted Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Expert Contributor Partner Member 2018

Ah man! I'm sorry about that! did anything happen in particular or he just up and died on ya? (hate it when that happens)

kschweer likes this.
  5. kschweer

Nothing at all that I noticed. It was acting normal until it stopped eating one day and was gone 3-4 days later. It was pretty strange. I talked to a bunch of other reefers I know who have had them and the ones that had the fish until the 2-2.5 year mark experienced similar.

6. melypr1985

melypr1985 totally addicted Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Expert Contributor Partner Member 2018

Yeah. That sucks man. I hate it when that happens, but there ya go. I wonder if they just have a shorter life span that some fish or if they are just collected when they are already adults.

7. ALAIN CARTAYA

ALAIN CARTAYA Member

great looking tank

kschweer likes this.
  8. kschweer

It's a sad day, just got finished taking it all down. This will be the first time in at least 7 years without a tank. I Wanted to thank everyone for following along. Hopefully my break won't be too long.
    IMG_1927.JPG

9. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Noooooooo

kschweer likes this.
  10. kschweer

I didn't think I was going to be so bummed! Lol. With work and wedding coming up I just didn't have the time. Also need to get some projects done around the house.

Sabellafella and Tahoe61 like this.
  11. Rex

Rex Valuable Member

It was a great build/tank! Sad to see it come to an end.... hopefully you can get another tank going again soon :)

jsker and kschweer like this.
  12. kschweer

Thank you! Me too!!

13. zoasaholic

zoasaholic Well-Known Member

6months max you will be back with a larger tank

lou dog420 and kschweer like this.
  14. kschweer

Haha!! Hopefully

lou dog420 likes this.
  15. kschweer

Looks like my fiancé found something to take the tanks place. That was quick!! Lol

IMG_1928.JPG

16. Arron209

Arron209 Acroholic R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

This was an awesome tank. Hopefully you come back soon with an even better build!

kschweer likes this.
  17. melypr1985

Oh man! Sorry to see that tank go.

kschweer likes this.
  18. Salty1962

Salty1962 Wrasse and SPS Lover R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Life has a way of changing our priorities. Focus on the family first and things will work out for you to be able to come back better than before.
    Hope you have a great wedding and blessed with each other! You'll be back in no time Don't be a stranger!

jsker likes this.
  19. kschweer

Thank you! I'm certainly hoping so too!
    You and me both!!

20. kschweer

Thank you so much! I'm not going anywhere. You guys can't get rid of me that easily! Lol

Draft saved Draft deleted