Lack of thread respone from mods

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a paid supporter and am disappointed in the responses from mods on the forums. I have asked for help in a thread with very little response and no answers from the mods. And this is not the first time this has happened. I was going to become a "partner" @ a $250 level,but no longer want to give that kind of money because of the lack of help when I post something. Why do some posts get lots of response and some get next to done. I expect better than this, especially being a paid supporter!
Thank you

BedrockIOMC

Never to salty, Just don't go over 35.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a paid supporter and am disappointed in the responses from mods on the forums. I have asked for help in a thread with very little response and no answers from the mods. And this is not the first time this has happened. I was going to become a "partner" @ a $250 level,but no longer want to give that kind of money because of the lack of help when I post something. Why do some posts get lots of response and some get next to done. I expect better than this, especially being a paid supporter!
Thank you
There wasnt a $250 level? what Thread did you have it under? and when did you list it? I havent seen your post to mod's or was it a private? and everyone gets treated the same when it comes to helping people. Maybe no one knew of anything to help you? what was the question? if I could find it I would see what I could do for ya.

Last edited:

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry you feel this way. We all have had posts get no to little responses. Why maybe it’s because no one has an answer, or it got buiried under tons of other posts that where posted about the same time, and others simply because it’s been asked a thousand times and the search button would find the answer.
I honestly do not know what posts you have in question but I will say this forum has helped me out a lot and I always chime in where I have helpful info as well as several hundred others.
Our mods are here to keep things on the positive level not make people respond to posts. I for one wouldn’t want someone forced into giving me a response just because they had to. I want a response from one of the thousands on here that share the passion, love, and knowledge of the hobby I do.

#reefsquad

AshwinRavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't put all the blame on mods alone, but i agree with you, at any given moment, there are 100s, if not much higher number of people online... and yet, very few people actually respond with useful help..

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There wasnt a $250 level? what Thread did you have it under? and when did you list it? I havent seen your post to mod's or was it a private? and everyone gets treated the same when it comes to helping people. Maybe no one knew of anything to help you? what was the question? if I could find it I would see what I could do for ya.

I am talking about "Partner" not "Supporter" I saw a post to become a Partner starting at $50, $250 $500 or so forth. It was open for a limited time,which just closed yesterday or may be Monday.

I am referring to this post where I am asking for help.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/need-some-help-with-plumbing-please.493294/#post-5307353

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the link you shared in my opinion all your questions where answered by people that had experience. I just see the same question being repeated. Am I missing something?

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I am a partner and there was only a $100 and $200 level

ok so maybe it was $200 not $250.

It was my understanding the if no one else reply's to a post that a mod would step in and try to help.
Yes, I agree that I don't want anyone to answer if they don't know the answer, but that is what I thought part of the mods job is.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the link you shared in my opinion all your questions where answered by people that had experience. I just see the same question being repeated. Am I missing something?

Well I did not understand what they were saying so that is why I posted a picture. Sometimes people assume other know the language of some of these things. I have no clue what they where saying as I have not done this before. so I asked for more help and did not think I was asking the same thing.

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It was my understanding the if no one else reply's to a post that a mod would step in and try to help.
Yes, I agree that I don't want anyone to answer if they don't know the answer, but that is what I thought part of the mods job is.
But I see a lot of people that posted as a reply give you different opinions to try or do. I dont think I could give a different option then what others suggested. I would think a couple of them would work or I would have to ask someone else for help. I wouldnt know what to do other then that.

Ruben's Reef

Ruben's Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a Unanswered thread right on the top banner of this site that is for that purpose. Sometimes I look into that section and answer some of those if I know the correct answer. But that's not make for a Moderator, is for all of us. Lot of threads with question are opening at any time so maybe when we answering one question 20 more came out. Sometimes the question is posted on the wrong thread and get lost. I think we all has comes to a unanswered question thread and just posted again.

Hitman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your a free member or a paying member everyone will get the same help so I’m not sure why one would think they are related. I’ve put hundreds into supporting this site others thousands others not one penny and we all get the same help and respect here. That’s one of the great things about this forum. If you have a 1 gallon tank or a 1,000,000,000,000 gallon tank your going to get the same as well.

BedrockIOMC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your a free member or a paying member everyone will get the same help so I’m not sure why one would think they are related. I’ve put hundreds into supporting this site others thousands others not one penny and we all get the same help and respect here. That’s one of the great things about this forum. If you have a 1 gallon tank or a 1,000,000,000,000 gallon tank your going to get the same as well.
Very true

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The mods often bump (reply to get it to the top) when a post doesn’t get attention, but their main duty is to help ensure things stay civil and enforce the terms of service. This is arguably the most helpful forum I’ve seen.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would gladly help, but I'm at work. Mods role is to over see the forum and keep it from turning ugly. They do have expertise in the hobby, but they do more monitoring of the threads.

Sorry I can't explain more. I'm on break and have to get back to work.

If anyone needs help just #reefsquad.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's not what the mod's job is.

We do the best we can in helping answer questions where we have knowledge, or tagging someone whe does. But if we see something is being answered we let it be.

Also, it is impossible for us to be aware of every single thread, so we rely on members to report threads if forum rules are being broken, and to tag us( #mods ) if there are questions that we can specifically help with.

We try to help ALL members equally, whether they are partner and supporting members or not.

Another way to get help is to tag the reef squad, #reefsquad . This is a group of helpful members with an array of expertise.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 172 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back